Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Daddy the Baker Recipe Album

I've showcased a few posts here on the blog regarding my daddy dearest's baking.  When I received the assignment to create a mini-album using a recipe box, I naturally turned to him and his many baked goods.  It just seemed like such a natural choice of mini-album selection with the subject matter.  This album is now published in the All About Albums Special Issue by Creating Keepsakes.

I am super happy with how this album turned out.  It was pure coincidence that Cosmo Cricket had just released their TV Dinner collection and I was able to use it for this project.  Many thanks to Cosmo Cricket!
I had also just received Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge with some matching stamps.  I used it to create the labels you see on the front of the box and the top of the lid.

I had a lot of fun using some of the older Cosmo Cricket's chipboard elements with the newly released chipboard alphas from TV Dinner.  I like to hoard beautiful products but nothing beats using these products on projects that I love! 
Open up the box, you can flip through the pages just like recipes. Take one out to read it but I must hold back the drooling, lol. 
Here are the four pages that are in the album right now.  

The ultimate awesomeness of this album and approach is that I can continue to add to the album effortlessly.  Daddy continues to bake and I continue to photograph his gorgeous baked goods.  There are times that the impulse of diving into eating overcomes the drive to photograph and document!

Today we are off on our big trip of this summer!  I am headed to the YMCA for one last pre-cruise workout!  I will miss my classes but I intend to run an hour a day on the ship. Given the fact that I have no self control, there will be over-eating while aboard the ship.  All right, off I go with my travel journal!  49th state, here we come!

7 comments:

Nathalie said...

This mini totally rocks not only in its design but also in its subject! I love it!
Have a great time on your cruise! I can't wait to see your photos!

Kimberly Kett said...

Very cute and very clever!

Deana said...

Ok now, c'mon. That's the CUTEST box of recipe cards EVER. Hope you have an AMAZING trip! Can't wait to read all about it! :-)

Kim said...

totally lovin this one Jing Jing

Audrey Pettit said...

What an absolutely cool approach to a mini album project! And so, so perfect for documenting all your dad's fabulous baked goods. Love that you can keep adding to this easily and love the way you've done this up. That paper line could not be more perfect for this project. Love the labels. Love it all!
I hope you've been having the MOST amazing trip ever! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Keri said...

Love this album, especially the little utensils tied onto the top...so cute!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love how your recipe box turned out! What a keepsake!
Bon Voyage Jing Jing ;-)