Saturday, July 20, 2013

Licorice Mustache

This morning was the second annual family blueberry picking event. To entice everyone to head out the door as early as possible to make it to the farm by 8, donuts were served in the car for breakfast.  Second Child is definitely a lazy bone who typically rise around 8 a.m..  Initially she was grumpy and uncooperative, but the donut cheered her up quickly.  We filled two gallon sized pails in an hour and half.  Had we been ambitious enough, we could have made it to the YMCA for BodyPump!  LOL.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a box of Fancy Pants products and as usual, I love and adore everything that company makes!  So here's a layout using its Wonderful Day collection.  Back in April, Megan gave us a welcome sack full of goodies that included a licorice mustache.  Knowing the market is full of mustache related products, I had Second Child model it for me. In the end, I am not even using mustache products for these photos, but it is a fun one and I enjoy it immensely.
I paired the collection with some Fancy Pants die-cut letters.  Even though I have both the Cricut and the Cameo, sometimes, it is nice to have out-of-the-box ready to use products on hand!  

Lastly, Fancy Pants have put out some lovely self-adhesive cork embellishments that I used on this layout.  Cork seems to be everywhere and I imagine we will all be incorporating its usage into our projects.  Another company that has amazing cork products is Little Yellow Bicycle!  The stuff is so much fun!

Lunch is calling and then we are headed to the Mall of America this afternoon.  I am finally going to make it to the store to return my Athleta purchase and check out the new lines available.

My other big plan is to make a travel journal for our upcoming trip. They say it is more likely to happen if one writes it down. Since I think I'm all about the idea and not about the execution, I am putting it down hoping to improve the odds of me actually getting to the journal.  



11 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute page!! I love the angled photos. She looks pretty darn cute sporting her mustache. :) Have a good time at the MOA today!! I just got my notice from our favorite blueberry grower that their berries are ready to be picked. Looks like it is just me and the little boy picking this year. Not sure how much I will be getting without the help of my hubby.

Ashley Lydia said...

wow your page is super cute ! I love the pictures you took, and you really made them POP in this layout ! I love browsing through your blog , you are so creative and always unique!

Nathalie said...

Une trés belle page Jing-Jing! I really like how you've placed, framed and slanted the photos!
I too would like to make a travel journal ahead of an upcoming trip but I might just end up taking a notebook...

Keri said...

Love the trio of tilted frames and the fun cork embellishments!

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like a fun trip to the blueberry patch! And what an adorable layout this is! Of course the photos are just the cutest things ever, and you have done them true justice with this adorable design!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your Page Jing Jing!
You crack me up ;-)
Good Luck with the Travel Journal!

Angi Barrs said...

That licorice mustache is adorable. Love this page.

Kimberly Kett said...

So cute and so fun, LOVE it!

Melinda Spinks said...

Ha, what gorgeous photos. Such a fun and vibrant layout, just love it!

Virginia L. said...

How FUN and CUTE!! Your page is oozed with happiness all over! I love that sentiment "documented" and cork stars! Hope you have fun with travel journal. I can never catch up with my travel scrapbooking...I think I should stop traveling first :)

Gretchen said...

this layout rocks Jing-Jing!!