Sunday, July 7, 2013

Independence Break

This was a lovely long weekend for me since Independence Day fell on a Thursday. I took Friday off and we went strawberry picking.  We came home with 31 lbs of strawberries which meant that we spent most of the rest of the day hulling, washing, placing them on cookie sheets for freezing, and of course, eating!  I am glad that we went and now my summer feels complete.  As the kids get older, it has become more about the strawberries than the outing itself. This family does depend on the summer haul to sustain smoothie making for the rest of the year, so we accomplished that! 

On the scrapbooking front, I did this layout for the Color Room a while ago and finally getting around to posting it. It's a super simple layout using a cute photo of the kids from February. 


I stamped on this adorable Fancy Pants tag and added some stickers, flair and other elements around it. It's fun to be whimsical.

A package from Fancy Pants just came and I was blown away by it. The colors of the Wonderful Day is so fantastic in person. Thankfully it is too hot outside to do much so I have dug into it immediately.

A second package was my long awaited order from Athleta and I was disappointed with its sizing!  In no reasonable universe am I a size Small. It was my fault to not trust the sizing guide provided on its website, but my gosh, I don't wear small in anything else!  grrr....  Oh the hassle of returning and exchanging!  Okay, my First World rant is over, and time to get back to the regularly scheduled programming... scrapbooking!

11 comments:

Deana said...

31 LBS? Whoa! Love the page & the photo... so cute. And that stinks about the Athleta order, but I guess you'll get what you wanted eventually! Hope you had an awesome 4th!

Michelle said...

Oh my word! 31 lbs?? I haven't gone strawberry picking. I haven't found a decent place on this side of the St. Croix. I have tried a few places in Hudson and one here in RF's, and they were so-so. Not impressed. Now blueberries... we get that much. We actually still have some from last season in the freezer. Not much though. There is a really neat place in Maiden Rock, WI, just over the river from Red Wing. That is our favorite spot. I have 10 or 15 lbs of Rainer cherries coming, and I can't wait. Yum!

Cute pic and page of the girls!! I love that color palette.

alexandra s.m. said...

J'adore ta page qui est d'une telle douceur!
Bravo pour la cueillette plus que fructueuse ;-)

Denise Price said...

Love the soft look of your layout. It will be fun to see what you do with your new Fancy Pants goodies.

Mmm, those strawberries sound delicious! Glad you had a good 4th of July weekend. My family and I enjoyed it too, as it was also a 4-day weekend for us. I'm not ready for Monday to come tomorrow...but time rolls on. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

First world problems! Haha!
LOVE your layout, my friend! The color palette is so soothing and beautiful and works SO well with that adorable photo. Love all the white space of your design and tight cluster of embellies around the photo. Awesome!

Keri said...

Love the new FP wonderful day, and the memories captured too! I'm stalking online retailers so I can buy it soon, lol. Love this sweet layout, fresh colors, adorable photo!

Kim said...

simply divine I love how you have included all those patterns in the one colour!

Gretchen said...

sweet layout Jing Jing! and if i need any strawberries, i am coming to your house!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow this layout is beautiful!! Strawberry picking - I'd love to do that!!! Sounds like super fun!

Virginia L. said...

Love the color scheme and flow of the layout! Darling photos!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Love your sweet layout. The FP tag turned out so nice for this page. I think I will have a play at The Color Room again soon. It has been faaar too long! And strawberry picking/eating is so much fun!