Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Post

In honor of Father's Day, here's to my dad, one of the family gardeners!  Speaking of gardens, how is yours coming?  Other than the Chinese chives which apparently cannot be killed, we haven't eaten anything from ours yet.  The season did start a little late but I think it won't be long for the strawberries now.  Just as I am typing these words, someone just walked into the house with a bunch of cilantro!  I believe he is making me a avocado cherry salad on Father's Day.  Yay me!
As seen in Scrapbooking Boys and Men, special issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.
It is so much fun to create titles using my Cameo. The software definitely makes it easier than what the Cricut stand-alone offers. 

In just three days, Cheese and the girls are coming to stay with us for a few days. It's unbelievable since Minnesota is fly-over country.  No one has ever visited me, so this is quite an event.  On the other hand, what do people do here?  Lord knows I wouldn't choose it as my touristic destination so I count my blessings twice that they are coming to see us!!!  I do have a few activities planned including several trips to the YMCA.  She said that she wanted to relax so relax we will, after a hard workout!  Meanwhile, please let the air mattress fit in my scrapbook room, lol.

I have also been pouring over the internet researching everything and anything related to our upcoming Alaskan cruise.  It's safe to say that after this trip, most everything will appear inexpensive in contrast!  The line is drawn in the snow when it comes to dog sledding on the glacier.  At $550 per person for 2 hours, my children are welcome to pay for that excursion when they visit Alaska on their own. I will, however, look into booking something up north of Minnesota for a dog sledding trip this winter, something I had never considered before researching this cruise!  

The house is starting to smell good. I'd better go help prepare dinner being it's not my day after all :)  

11 comments:

Kimberly Kett said...

GREAT two page design!!

Nathalie said...

Great spread to honor your dad who looks so content gardening :) Vacations do add-up, we have just planned our trip to Europe and needless to say we had to break the piggy bank! (again!)

alexandra s.m. said...

j'aime beaucoup ta page, quel bel hommage et puis encore une fois, merci d em'avoir fait rire ;-)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what a stunning 2-pager, Jing Jing! I absolutely LOVE your color combo, and LOVE your die cut lettering on the side. Fabulous grid design with the photos and seed labels, too. Awesome!
Enjoy your special visitor this week!

ellen s. said...

I love how you did the title down the side! That garden looks incredible!

Aubree said...

Can't wait to see you!!!!

Deana said...

Awww... how FUN that your scrapbooking friends are coming to visit!!! And taking them to do your Y classes sounds fun too! Love the page about your dad! Hope you guys had a fun Father's Day!

Charlene said...

Awesome design!! Love the colors!

Kim said...

you are always the double queen!

Emily Leiphart said...

What a wonderful layout of your dad! I love all the patterns and grid design. The salad sounds amazing, too. Yum!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, Jing-Jing! Great layout to honor your Dad. The grid is fantastic and well supported by that fab title work! Glad you got to spend time with a friend!, too Take care!