Sunday, May 19, 2013

Piano and Scrapbook

It's Sunday evening and I can finally relax a little. The weekend was a frantic one, mostly due to my own procrastination.  Furiously did I work on my projects this weekend for CK between piano rehearsal, concert, and recital.  I skipped both days' workout to make time for these activities. You know it's serious when I sacrifice a workout, let alone two days in a row!!

First Born performed in MMTA's Honors Concert last night. Her group's piece was about two minutes long but I enjoyed the two hours concert listening to various levels of piano performance. The two solo performances from the Senior Competition winner and the College Competition winner were really stunning and thoroughly inspiring. Jay and I also enjoyed looking at all the lovely dresses the female performers wore while they were taking their bows.  Our verdict on our own daughter's dress is that it would fit her for at least three more years' worth of concerts if she makes it again, LOL.

On the scrapbooking font, I haven't shared this Color Room layout yet so here it is.  More yellow and brown this time! I really adore this gorgeous palette of colors and right up my alley!  The good ol' summer days are back in town. So I can look at these photos knowing that we can go pig out on DQ any time we want now, for a little while at least, and by "pig out" I mean a bite or two, lol.
That's it folks. It's Sunday night and when I play the game of thrones, I   play to win!  Good night! :)


13 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Oh... the piano days! I miss those rehearsal/recital days--once in a while :) I adore this layout so much. The yellow really accentuate the richness of the yummy chocolate! Your darling DD is the perfect suject for scrapbooking!

Michelle said...

What a pretty page!!! I love it! I have a box of dilly bars from DQ in the freezer for the kids. Middle child was taking piano lessons for 3 yrs, until her teacher's husband lost his job at the college here and they moved out of state. I couldn't find anyone local in town, so no lessons for the last 4-5 yrs. Though, someone just recommended a new one here in town. Signing both kids up for lessons now. Sweet boy LOVES music and has asked to learn to play. They have an interest in the guitar too.

Charlene said...

WOW sounds like a busy weekend, but wonderful , I'm sure! Your page is so pretty! I love the brown and yellow together with the banner!

Keri said...

Love this neutral palette for an ice cream page, looks great! And your GofT comments always make me smile. :)

alexandra s.m. said...

J'adore ta page Jing Jing!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your fun stories, Jing Jing, and SOOOOOO love this gorgeous layout! Those colors are right up my alley, too. Loving all the brown mixed with the warm yellow. Your design is gorgeous. The little ice cream cone card is just so perfect here!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh Jing-Jing, I absolutely love what you did with that color combo! WOW the yellow accents just pop. Perfection!

Deana said...

That is totally serious if you skipped two days in a row of work-outs! That page is adorable though. Loving the banner! And I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day too! :-)

Nathalie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE your page! The contrasts are fabulous and the design totally leave the center stage to the photos (which are adorable!) - That little waving ice cream cone is just like the cherry on top ;)

Courtney K said...

love the cute banner you created!

Karen said...

so adorable....

Kim said...

Lol I had to laugh at that photo .... The colour pallete is adorable and your banner looks way fab

onlinephduk said...

That is the very reason why I collect photos of every moment in my life to keep memories to be always there for us. I always cherish every moment in my life since the first time I got my own senses. Every time I miss my family way back home, I just open my scrapbook and recollect all the days we had each other.

Please visit My Webblog: Online PhD Degrees