Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day and it is quite lovely outside. I am waiting for the winds to die down before heading out to have some casual pictures taken with the kids.  They baked some delicious Dutch baby pancakes for me and I had to fight them for a fourth pancake.  They each had two by that point so I had to share half of mine with them! Here I thought I would get it without saying on Mother's Day!

The long and perpetual winter will definitely delay the season of growth for us. The tulips are almost about to bloom and the vegetables seeds are just in the ground.  I imagine we won't be picking strawberries till later in June and who knows when for blueberries. This is the first layout on blueberry picking from last year. I just got my hands on these incredibly beautiful WRMK and American Crafts papers  The green is so soothing so I really wanted to focus on that for this layout.
WRMK has the best gromlets!  I received some glittered ones and put them to use on this layout. I also got to use my Crop-a-dile to set them.  I did have to rip out the first one I set but you can't even see my mistake on this close-up photo, can you? 
The "Life documented" is Project Life card from WRMK.  Not only perfect for PL stuff, they make wonderful instant embellishment for all projects!  The little bee seems to agree with my assessment! 
It is time to get ready for lunch and then off to BodyPump I will go.  May your day be sunny and bright!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jing Jing!!! It is a beautiful page. I too love that green. I can't wait for blueberry picking. Though, I am not sure how much my kids enjoy it anymore. The trek down to Maiden Rock is not something they get into anymore. Ben certainly LOVES eating the berries. His favorite fruit. I think I need some blueberry bushes in my yard. :)

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the greens and embellishments in this lovely layout! I am chipboard, pattern paper and embellishments-challenged! So your layout is ever inspiring! Happy Mother's Day to you! HUGS!

Nathalie said...

Bonne Fête des Mères Jing-Jing! J'aime beaucoup ta page! Ses tons frais et sa mise en page originale me plaisent vraiment! Bravo!

Karen B. said...

Amazing use of green!

alexandra s.m. said...

J'aime beaucoup ta page et tout ce vert!
il a fait froid ce w-e à Chicago!
Happy Mother's Day to you Jing Jing!!

Keri said...

Definitely soothing, and a lovely green to pair with the blueberry pics. Love the little bees and the row of grommets for sure. Happy Happy Mother's Day to you! :)

Christie Bryant said...

I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Your layout is gorgeous (and so is your daughter)!!

Kim said...

Seriously lovin the layers you have created on this one

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous design. I love how you used your crop-a-dile. So Clever!

Gretchen said...

love it Jing-Jing!

Audrey Pettit said...

Dang, you are sooo talented! I LOVE this page, Jing Jing!