Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Countdown to National Scrapbooking Day

To kick off the National Scrapbooking Day this Saturday, May 4, the CK Dream Team, contributing writers and contributing editors are posting to the CK blog all week to share some scraplifting inspirations based on projects featured in the May/June 2013 issue of Creating Keepsakes.

Yellow is all the rage in my book right now, so I was immediately drawn to this page by Christa Uttely.  I know I wanted to do something with the yellow and shape them like ribbons. Not only is yellow a trendy color, it juxtaposes with the dark rich reds in the raspberries in my photo.

Today is May day and we had some snow flurries, can you believe it?  At this rate, harvesting these delicious antioxidants will be a very long time off yet!  I suppose I will just dream about them, the crown jewels, the cash crop of our garden, sigh...


They are indeed too good to be true because I simply never imagined in my life, living in the 'burbs, that I would have the opportunity to harvest such amazing fruits! The bounty that is the good earth... now all we need is consistent warm weather. How we all miss the gardens!
Please stop by Creating Keepsakes' blog and view more blog entries from the team and to enter to win many fabulous prizes this week! Good luck!

14 comments:

Nathalie said...

J'adore cette page aux couleurs d'été! La mise en page et le fond de page mettent vraiment ta photo en valeur! Bravo!

Michelle said...

I love this!! The yellow with the red on that background is so sharp looking. I love raspberries too. We have a bunch of bushes in our yard. They are being buried in snow at the moment. Believe me, it is more than flurries here.. It is more like a blizzard. Happy November... err a May! LOL

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your page and all the yellow goodness ;-)
I can't believe you had flurries today. In Chicago, it;s been nothing but pure sunshine and 81F! You need to come here i think ;o)

Keri said...

Love the inspiration layout and what you did with it, Jing-Jing...especially the color palette, how you chose to use a darker wood background and really highlight the yellow & berry colors, gorgeous page!

Virginia L. said...

I do love that page that you were inspired from! Your take is SUPAH fabulous! I love the warmth from the background paper(woodgrain!!)and the contrast of the photo with the yummy yellow! YUM!

Audrey Pettit said...

I have been loving yellow lately, too, and I absolutely adore how you've used it here! Works so perfectly with the raspberry red, and I love them both with the natural woodgrain! Gorgeous layered fishtail banners, and I love the simple photo! Here's dreaming of the wonderful bounty to come! We haven't had any spring yet, either....but one day, it WILL arrive!

Deana said...

Uhh, I feel your pain. It was in the 80's a couple days ago & today was in the 30's... with snow falling just a few hours away from us. Very, very strange.

LOVE the page. Gorgeous work, as always!

Courtney K said...

love the wood patterned background with the yellow - complements your berries perfectly!

and thank you so much for always leaving awesome comments on my blog!!

Angi Barrs said...

I love everything in yellow. Your page is gorgeous!

Gretchen said...

i love the way your layout turned out!!

Charlene said...

Great page Jing Jng! I love the yellow and the banners!

Kim said...

yellow rocks!!! wink!

Angi Barrs said...

This page is soooo super happy. Love the yellow.

Christie Bryant said...

I love the YELLOW! So fun!