Sunday, April 7, 2013

Splash Fun

I am totally excited to dive into these beautiful and bright colors of Sweet Girl by Echo Park.  They really perfectly complement the crazy colors of summer fun!  The rainbow paper of this collection was particularly fun and I basically cut it up first and designed the rest of page around the cut-outs.  The snow has almost melted but it is a long way from this kind of splash fun for us, so I reminisce and anticipate by doing this page!
Here is a close up photo of the 3-d elements on this page.  I think I am reverting back to my flatter page days so I have to actually think about adding accents that are dimensional.  Also, all the amazing Project Life products out there are like a flat girl's dream come true! 
This close-up photo shows the lovely rainbow paper and the sticker title I added to it.
This upcoming week is going to be an interesting one.  DH is out of town for a business trip so I have to take over the kids' daily routine!  I will have to get them breakfast and prepare their lunches!  I don't know how their father does it every day!  Just typing it makes me tired! LOL.  I have planned a few fun excursions for us, mostly involving the mall and restaurants.  Who would have thought that I would one day love to shop for workout clothes?!  Gone are the days of frumpy look, that's for work and home!  At the gym, I shall look like I own a franchise of Lucy Activeware, LOL!  

Today was the launch of BodyPump 85 for me and I thought the bicep track was a killer.  Much ado about nothing was made about the Lunges track due to the jumps onto the step. Fortunately, I am very accustomed to doing them for BodyStep so I survived admirably. It's always good to change things up and I think I will be happy to do this release for three weeks.  

Here's to a great day for all of us. Night gathers, and now my watch begins. Waiting for Dark Wings Dark Words! 

13 comments:

Keri said...

Heh, I know what we'll both be doing tonight. :)
Love how this photo blends right into the red on the journaling card, great seamless look! Also love how you cut apart and arranged the rainbows.

Christie Bryant said...

Darling layout! I love the little details. :)
You're amazing! I'm addicted to Zumba but it's no Body Pump!

Virginia L. said...

Everything looks so polished and profesh (no wonder you are the contributor for CK!!) Delightful page! Enjoy your motherly duties ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

You are cracking me up about your gym antics and shopping! ;) And LOVE your adorable summertime layout. The rainbow paper cut outs are so perfect here. Love how you added your title letters to one of the curves and love the little speech bubble on the photo. Totally makes me smile!
Enjoy your week without the hubs! Sometimes it's nice to break the routine a bit. :)

Kim said...

gosh that rainbow effect looks incredible, love the feel of this one!

alexandra s.m. said...

J'adore ces courbes et ces couleurs estivales!
Superbe page Jing Jing!!
Thank You~

Denise Price said...

You were brave to cut the papers first and then create your design. It turned out great--the rainbows look like the way water from the sprinkler arcs through the air.

Nathalie said...

Oh How I love this Jing-Jing!!! I love the cut out "rainbows" crisscrossing and all the happy colors! Simplement fantastique!!!

Angi Barrs said...

I loooove your fun and colorful page. Must get that paper. :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Adore your page. And of course I love exercising vicariously through you. Wait! Did I just say that? Heehee

Sandi Cl~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice Wertz said...

love love how you used those rainbows. such a fun page, Jing-Jing!

Deana said...

Shopping for work-out clothes is FUN! Seems like I live in them these days, so I may as well have lots of options! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you cut the rainbow shapes & then built your title into one of them. And the journaling square rocks too! Hope you made it through the madness of breakfast & lunch preparing!