Sunday, April 14, 2013

Miao Headdress

What a week this had been!  The weather really played a number on our situation, to go or not to go, that was the question.  First Born suggested to her daddy that he should make a pros and cons list regarding his intended business trip to Wisconsin.  We had a huge laugh over that suggestion.  She was serious though, as the next day, she handed me a pros and cons list on playing violin. LOL!! + oh no!

Here is a layout I did for Creating Keepsakes' blog using Glitz Design's Love You Madly. I am so in love this glorious collection, the soft colors are so delightful. 

This is a major milestone for me, using washi tape on a layout for the first time!  They are quite fun to use especially when they are so very pretty!  I did some misting on this layout too, using this really cool stencil from Crafter's Workshop called Cell Theory.

As for this layout, it is about this lovely headdress my parents got for Second Child, leaving me having to explain the injustice and unfairness of this world to First Born! Oh well!  

I am headed to Salt Lake City tomorrow at the crack of dawn to attend meetings at Creating Keepsakes headquarters!  Meeting all the editors and fellow dream team members will be a dream come true in of itself! I'd better sign off and keep on packing, I will report back when I return!


11 comments:

Nathalie said...

Elle est superbe cette page!!! J'ai tout de suite remarqué le travail de fond (avec le mist) et la mise en page non linéaire qui me plait vraiment beaucoup!! Quelle opportunité tu as d'aller chez CK! J'attends avec impatience de savoir comment cela s'est passé!

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty! I love how you used the stencil and the stories made me laugh. My son hates it when my husband travels! ;)

Michelle said...

It is a wonderful page. The misting really grabs your attention. I also love the tilted paper... not your norm. :) This weather just plain sucks. I am fed up. Very much of the same this whole next week. My kids have definitely had their fair share of the injustices you speak of. So, I feel your pain in that dept. too.

Charlene said...

Sounds like your first born is a charatcr! A wonderful page Jing Jing!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, this is fabulous, Jing Jing! Stunning design! Those papers and colors are gorgeous and I adore your misted background and twine framework. This is one of my absolute top faves of yours!
How exciting you got to go meet the whole gang at Creating Keepsakes. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Angi Barrs said...

Love that headdress! And your page is sooo adorable!

Deana said...

Post pictures of your meeting PLEASE!!!! Hope you have a BLAST! And the page is total awesomeness, as usual! And she looks beautiful in the headdress!

Charlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alexandra s.m. said...

I love your page and your use of washi tapes!
wonderful colors and as always hilarious journaling ;-)

Christie Bryant said...

I love this! So darling! It's fun to use washi tape!

Alice Wertz said...

your girl looks so beautiful in the head piece! love the colors in this collection and the misted details, too! super layout, Jing-Jing!