Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Soup and Stencil

As new products roll in, I am so very anxious to try them all. There is not enough time to do everything I want to do or as quickly as I want to have them done.  The kids are on spring break right now. Even though I am home for the day, my eyes are constantly being drawn to the clock thinking about the upcoming meal that I must prepare for them!  Why must work of every sort interfere with creative time?!  

I just finished this layout and braved the 20 degree weather outside to have the picture taken in relative daylight for a change!  I combined a couple of brand new collections by Jillibean Soup: Irish Farm House Soup and Peeled Cucumber Soup.  The only thing better than these two soups would be for Jillibean to come and make them for our lunches!  I don't know how to describe it but the current trend of colors on the market tend toward a bit of hazy bright or muted bright?  If only I understand art and/or color more, perhaps I would be more accurate in my description. No matter, these colors, me liketh.  

I also used a brand new stencil from the Crafters Workshop called Subway art.  It has been a while since I did any misting on my page so I was a bit scared.  The page sat under a pile of heavy stuff after I did the misting to reduce the potential warping of my paper.  This is another resolution I must make: to use my stencils and mist collections, to experiment more even if things don't turn out in the end.  


First Born really loves winter but lately she's been lamenting the snow is preventing her from doing kick ball and riding her bike. The subconscious prompted me to dig out these photos and perhaps it will also influence the weather gods. lol.  The close-up is a die-cut bicycle from Jillibean. I layered it over a couple of stickers.  Now that I look at it, I forgot to add some die-cut arrows, lol.  Haste haste haste...

Now it is time to think about what to make for lunch...

15 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun page!! Great job with the stenciling. It is something I don't do much of either. Probably should, eh? :) I hope her wishing to play kick ball and ride her bike works. Cuz I have been wishing for awhile and nothing has happened, other than more snow. Hey, just be glad you didn't get our 4 inches we got Sunday night. Looks like the Twin Cities was spared. :) Enjoy the day with the girls'. Ours is usually this week too, but the school district didn't want to part with anymore days off. So they pushed it back so it coincided with Easter.

Deana said...

So cute! Loving that chipboard bike too! Our spring break is still a few weeks away...meaning we may actually have some spring-like weather to go along with it. Crossing fingers...

Julia said...

Love your page!!!

Nathalie said...

Elle est tres belle ta page Jing-Jing! J'aime les couleurs et tout particulierement la mise en page! Allez je t'envois un peu de soleil de la Californie en même temps "D

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh this is cool!!!!!

Kim said...

that strip of bike paper across the middle is just perfect!

Audrey Pettit said...

I love your fun posts, and LOVE this adorable page! Such a great mix of papers. You really know how to combine things. Loving the photos and love the strip of bike paper and the big accent bike. Too cute!

Christie Bryant said...

This layout is ADORABLE! I love the photo and your paper choice is so fab! I love the colors that are trending right now too!

XOXO

Charlene said...

Wonderful page!! I love the row of bike's and your pics are great! I can't believe how big your girls are getting! Enjoy spring break and maybe make some dinners ahead so you have more of that precious time to enjoy!!

Stephanie Buice said...

Jing-Jing you've been busy! I LOVE your layout!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, you made me smile :)

alexandra s.m. said...

je l'aime aussi beaucoup.
Elle raconte parfaitement bien l'histoire et est parfaite visuellement!

Alice Wertz said...

Jillibean Soup's collections always sound so yummy! =) darling page, Jing-Jing! hope spring arrives soon in your corner of the world! =)

Angi Barrs said...

This is so fun! Love the bicycles!

Linda Beeson said...

The bike accents are just right!!!

Denise Price said...

I think I'd describe the colors that are popular right now in scrapbooking as spring brights with grey undertones.

I didn't realize the new Jillibean lines were out now! Did you get them at Archivers?