Saturday, March 2, 2013

Many Cards are Close to My Heart

Two weeks ago, I received some delightful products from Close to My Heart. Among the pile of goodies were the two Cricut collections by CTMH that I have been drooling over since they came out.  The Philosophy collection has long been praised on 2peas as extremely versatile with tons of useful staple shapes. The Artiste collection is the more recent one and a wonderful encore of Philosophy.  Most intriguingly for me was the fact that there were many stamp sets in CTMH that are of the matching shaping of the cuts on the cartridges!

I dug in last weekend and made a batch of cards. I even stamped in colors, imagine that!  Stamping on die-cuts with coordinating stamps was all the fun I thought it would be.  Also, with a little playing around, it's easy to find shapes that can accommodate pretty much all the stamps I received, as evidenced by the first card's die-cut shape and stamped sentiment.
I used a bit 3-d foam adhesive to prop the tails of my cut banners to help them stand out a little more.  

I used the Chantilly collection for all these cards.  It's such a pretty collection, perfect for the upcoming spring season, even if it is still completely covered in snow outside yet :)  Here is an Easter card with several cuts from both Cricut collections including the rolled flowers.

Here's the second card with the label die-cut and stamped.  I really love that look.
I used the negative space of the die-cut to assemble this particular card.  With so many shapes to choose from, you can easily find a few that would stack well atop of each other.  

Hopefully you can see the 3-dimensional effect in this photo.




One last card using a fancy frame and a sentiment die-cuts.  Gosh, what fun it was to make these cards and I need to explore more with these cartridges!  I can't wait to dive back in this weekend.  Meanwhile, it is time to head to Cardio Kickboxing for another kind of thorough enjoyment!  Have a good Saturday!

12 comments:

Nathalie said...

Elles sont tres tres belles ces cartes! J'aime beaucoup les effets en négatif :)

Michelle said...

These are so pretty, Jing Jing!! I too love the negative effects and layers.

Virginia L. said...

You have turned yourself into a card-making guru, if I may say so!I love that everything matches so beautifully!Such a treat for the eyes :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Elles sont vraiment superbes ces cartes!
Bravo Jing Jing!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! What fabulous card, Jing Jing! You have done a beautiful job with your new cartridges! Love these!

Christie Bryant said...

Jing-Jing! These cards are darling!!! Love ALL of them!!!

Charlene said...

WOW Jing Jing, you sure showed off this line beautifully!!!

Charlene said...

WOW Jing Jing, you sure showed off this line beautifully!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable projects! I really love the color of that paper!

Elizabeth said...

I am so in love with both of these cartridges and I love your cards! This is my favorite paper pack :) Great job!!!

Kim said...

these are just so pretty, I adore the way you have photographed them too!

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful mix of colors and patterns. beautiful cards, Jing-Jing!