Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Layout

I made a layout about her first friends' birthday party and it's a 2-pager!  I misted this huge background and I did machine stitching!  These are techniques I have not tried in a long while so I'm extra proud of myself!  A layout like this makes me wish for Project Life.  I really need to try it!

Here I used an 8x8 paper pad from Glitz Design's Color Me Happy line.  I tried to mimic the colors of this fun line by misting the background "Celtic Circle" on the Glitz paper. What fun it is to mist and what a mess it creates! I should try inking with a cat's eye for the next project to reduce the mess!  It suffices to say that my scrapbook room is a disaster and I am not being a good role model to my children by leaving it like that!

Here is a close-up photo of the adorable Elle's Studio tag and I stamped the "twenty-thirteen" from a Technique Tuesday stamp set.  Wowser, I am happy with how this layout turned out.  These types of photos usually sit in my stash forever but I did them!!  Rejoice!
Lastly, since winter does not seem to want to leave Minnesota, let it come! :) Two more weeks!!! Color me excited!!!

17 comments:

Rhonda Merry said...

Awesome LO JingJing. Love it all.

Virginia L. said...

Wow, I love the misting! The layout has such a beautiful flow! You are ah-mazing when it comes to details!

Michelle said...

This looks great, Jing-Jing!! I have some of that Glitz paper here from a kit that I need to finish up. I am not much of a mister. Very seldom do I mist my paper. I don't like it warped. I bet you could achieve the same effect with some Tim Holtz inks and blending tool. I am thinking this year's Easter egg hunt needs to be indoors, unless we want to wear snowsuits and dig in the snow. This weather is depressing.

Keri said...

Love this 2-pager and what you did with the Glitz, Elle's, and stencil! I'm waiting for 3/31/2013 too, lol!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well my goodness .. I'm out of the loop. What happens on 3/31? Besides that I adore your 2 pager. Fantastic way to scrap those parties! Take care!

alexandra s.m. said...

Incredible background Jing Jing!
Ta page est tout en harmonie, j'adore!
TFS~

Courtney K said...

love the misted background!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is AWESOME!!! I love it so much!!! You rock!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Your misting is gorgeous! Love that paper line too!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is fabulous! So beautiful, and I was thinking it reminded me very much of Project Life. Love the misting and love the journaling card with the twenty-thirteen stamping. This is FAB!

Deana said...

Gorgeous page! If someone would figure out what's wrong with my sewing machine I could do some machine stitching again too!

Denise Price said...

The misting turned out great! It's such a good way to draw the viewer into this layout. Definitely worth any mess it may have caused, I think.

Donna said...

Jing Jing....I cannot believe I found you after all this time. We were both members of Obsessive Obsession at the same time. I was heartbroken when one day they decided to close shop and just closed the site down. I was so disappointed because I did not have anyone's email addresses to keep in touch.

Please tell me do you keep in contact with the woman who was very sick with the little girl? So often I think about her but have no way to keep in touch.

Please drop me a line when you have an opportunity.
DCip2001@aol.com

Donna

Christie Bryant said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Incredible layout Miss Jing-Jing!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

That is definitely one happy layout! Your misted background is so cool! Hope all is happy in your world, Jing Jing!

Alice Wertz said...

that misted background looks amazing! beautiful coloring and wonderful details. super layout, Jing-Jing!

Nathalie said...

Oh, this is really a fun and happy layout! I love the "PL" look that you have adopted by mixing photos with cards... I have been tempted many times by PL but the commitment scares me!