Monday, February 18, 2013

Recent Happenings

It's the middle of February and this winter has long outlived its welcome.  However, the days are getting noticeably longer and it's not pitch black when I leave in the morning any more.  

This week, we take time to celebrate this special little lady.  Her father and I did reflect a little on this significant milestone: half-way point till she is out of our house! LOL.  I wonder if we will follow her or will she be a homebody and stay near us?  Due to my own life's circumstances, I wonder about this more than I wonder about some other stuff.  One day at a time, without trepidation, I tell myself.  Changing diapers, potty training were hard stuff, but the teenager years are on the horizon.  She is aware enough to let us know the other day that rough waters are ahead. And since she is a girl, she just might shout "I hate you" to us as a rite of passage!!  Well, I can't wait!  LOL.

Remember my dreadful skiing experience last week end?  I had to resort to scrapbooking to cheer myself up as I put it in a blog post I did for Creating Keepsakes.  Yes, sledding is a much happier experience, one which I would gladly do again soon!  I am noticing that I really like mixing wild colors and papers together.  I do like the result but my goodness there are some crazy colors going on here!

I used a Laina Lamb's Die-namics Story Starters for the strip die-cut.  The title is an assembly from the Silhouette store.  
I hope to be back soon. I received some amazing goodies from Close to My Heart that I am absolutely dying to try!  Maybe by next post I will have a few things to share!  Fingers crossed! 

14 comments:

Michelle said...

This certainly is fun and colorful!! Yes, sledding is much better. ;) Winter has LONG out lived its welcome at my house too. While I am glad for longer days, I really long for warmer weather. Sick of this up and down temp thing going on. Have fun with those teen years!! ;) Been there twice already... Have fun! Oldest was tough!! Now 25 and on her own, we are on much better terms, thankfully! Middle will be 15 next month. Oh those nasty glares and attitude.... keeping fingers crossed the little boy will be different than these super moody girls. Ha! We will see what happens in the next decade. He just turned 6, so I have some time yet and going to enjoy him being little as much as I can. :)

Nathalie said...

Nine, she's still a baby :) Oldest boy is 15 and super easy to deal with but second boy 11 is already showing signs that he will be the tough one... Great page! I love the title work!

Charlene said...

WOW your dd is 9? She looks so grown up!!! I really love your page...you always have great tites and details :-)

Keri said...

Love the large title and the color you chose for it here, Jing-Jing! Also, I just love the layout in the post below, the CK Dream Team one...such great flow, embellishment, and design, it's awesome!

Lydell Quin said...

Oh look at your gorgeous big girl! Have enjoyed looking back at your recent LO's to see how your girls are growing.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your page and you oldest is the same age as my youngest. Our oldest is 19 and yes, It does go way way too fast especially when the teenage years are rather calm. The thought of my 9 year old going on a school trip makes me sick so I can't imagine her ever "leaving" us ;o)

Alice Wertz said...

i am loving those colors and fab mix of patterns! beautiful layout, Jing-Jing!

Kim said...

very cool Im lovin how the title stretches across the page!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is gorgeous! Love the title! Looks awesome!

Audrey Pettit said...

Yes, birthdays are such special events.....but they always make me stop and ponder life's bigger questions, too. I can really relate! :) Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter!
LOVE your layout! I think your "wild" combination of papers and colors is absolutely stunning! Awesome die cut title, and I love the photos and spinner, too. This is totally beautiful!

Angi said...

Love your adorable page. And happy, happy birthday to your beautiful daughter!

Deana said...

Amazing! Loving the title work & the mix of colors on there...just FABULOUS! And happy birthday, Naomi!!! She's such a DOLL!!

Virginia L. said...

I love your title and the layout is so perfect!! Very original and creative! And happy belated birthday to your 9-year old sweetie! I know when she turns 18, you will be cheering her on whether she leaves home or stays close! Some things just don't change! ENJOY!

Christie Bryant said...

It's been so fun watching your little ladies grow up!
9 already?!? She is so, so beautiful!