Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cheesesteak

I have an enormous pile of unattractive photos, do you?  There was a time that I scrapped them with unwavering determination, pressing on to complete albums.  While I still print them, they just sit there for years on end!  It would be nice to do more 2-pager and get stuff "done."  I realize this is a hobby without a deadline, a creative outlet that needs no catching-up.  However, I have operated under that mode for several years now and I wouldn't mind to reduce my photo stash and being more "caught up" in my own definition. 

Here's one layout of the four of us shamelessly devouring Philly cheesesteak sandwiches in public at the historic Pat's King of Steaks in Philadelphia.  It was definitely an experience to be had!  I am glad to have had friends to take us there because there was no way we would have found a parking space anywhere close to the establishment, lol.  Honestly, I do not remember the food all that well, but I can say that I've eaten there, the place of origin of Philly cheesesteaks!   The other thing I remember was sitting across from Michael's uncle, talking about how the rest of the U.S. just don't do cheesesteaks right.  It was an experience and destination dining at that! 
Now that I have shocked the world and myself with a mid-week post, it's time to say good night and ask myself this question: Have I hugged a kindergartner today? :)

14 comments:

Michelle said...

This is a fun page. A good story documented and in your books. :) I need to do more multi pages and get "caught up". My kindergartener is working on his 100 day school project. Can't believe next week will be 100 days of school!

Karen B. said...

I got a hug from a kindergartner today, and it was the best thing imaginable. What a great layout, always refreshing to see this many photos done well.

Beth Hallgren said...

Your photos aren't unattractive, they tell a great story :) I sure miss the uncomplicated kindergarten days, when a hug was given freely and cured nearly everything :)

alexandra s.m. said...

BRAVO!!!
I say bravo pour scrapping "real life stuff" + I think these pictures are very pretty! Your double page spread is harmonious and tells the story beautifully!

Angi said...

Love your yummy page!

Courtney K said...

love how you got photos of all 4 of you on that layout - what a fun experience!

Aubree said...

You don't remember the food?? Well, come back out and we'll take you there again!!

I haven't hugged a kindergartener but I have cuddled with a sick fifth grader, kissed a second grader, and red bedtime stories with a third grader.

Rhonda Merry said...

Ah, to have a kindergartener was so much fun. Mine are all young adults now. although 2 of the three will still hug me willingly.:) I love your LO, these are great shots of the family.

liana suwandi said...

you really nail it down on 2 spread layout JJ!

Deana said...

Fun photos! Looks like you're all enjoying your sandwiches! And the page is most enjoyable too!! :-)

Audrey Pettit said...

You are just freaking adorable, Jing Jing! And so is your page!

Nathalie said...

Encore une superbe double page! Elle me donne faim celle-là!

Christie Bryant said...

WAY fun memory! I think that sometime we need to scrap that not-so-perfect pictures also, it makes our scrapbooks more fun, don't you think?

Alice Wertz said...

so who took the pictures if all four of you were eating?? that's always one of my problems. i guess that when you need friends... =) fun fun layout, Jing-Jing!