Sunday, January 27, 2013

Oh the Humanity!

Yesterday I hit Archiver's with the full  intention of blowing all the money I would have spent had I gone to CHA this month.  I should have known that things don't ship that soon after the show as I found not a lot new stuff yet.  Thankfully, there were several new lines from My Mind's Eye!  I had just come from an hour of cardio kickboxing so my legs were too tired for more squatting, so I sat on the floor to drool over the new stuff.  Another shopper remarked "Nice stash there! I'll have to take a look when you are done."  Oops, I guess I made myself a tad too comfortable, all stretched out with piles of goodies next to me :)

KI has a new collection called flashback and Archiver's must have ordered just a few sheets from this line.  I really liked it and came home with some papers and used them in this layout.  It's so nice to see an old favorite company coming back with new stuff.  I hope this is a sign that KI is back in the game!  I'll be ready with wallet in hand :) 

This layout documents a recent anecdote: First Born declaring for Jesus and her need to work on her "humanity" when she really meant humility :) Now that I think about, I will add some quotes around the title.  
I think my favorite ready-made embellishments will always be chipboard elements. Here is an adorable bicycle from Crate Paper's Fourteen collection.
The "True Story" is cut using a Laina Lamb die from My Favorite Things' Die-namics called "Accent It - Story Starters."  I trimmed it into arrow shape to match the others on the page.  
It started to sleet and snow when I was leaving the YMCA this afternoon so I decided not to go to the Chinese market. I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to winter driving. Now I have to go figure out what to make for meals since I don't have the ingredients!  Oh the humility!!!  :)

15 comments:

Agata said...

That's a nice, funny story! Love that layout, you picked the best collection!

Michelle said...

The story is really cute!! The page is just as adorable. It's really going to town out there now. I had Greg drive me up to the grocery store as I don't like driving in this either. It doesn't bother him. At least I don't have to deal with the roads tomorrow getting the offices groceries to make their meals. Not looking forward to the single digit temps coming either. Hate this fickle weather.

Lauren Hender said...

That bike is super cute! Love this LO right down to the buttons.

Nathalie said...

There is often a great humor in your pages and this one is no exception! I just made a page with the same background paper (of course great minds think alike!) and I agree with you about the Crate Paper chipboard elements being a fave!

Deana said...

This is my new fav Jing-Jing page! Love the arrows & the rainbow of colors! So graphic! I gotta get to Archivers SOON!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Crazy awesome! That is some great paper and your design is spot on as usual!

Charlene said...

This page really stands out ! It couldn't be more perfect!!!!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Drooling over all the bright colors, especially the pink! Know what you mean about the winter driving :( Love everything about this layout!

Karen B. said...

What a way to showcase those embellishments and fun colors!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a Great Post Jing-Jing and a wonderful page!
You always know exactly what to add and where and make it seems so simple...

I always cherish reading your post and perspective on the mundane things in life.

Thank You!

Christie Bryant said...

So darling! I love this layout! I've been known to get pretty comfortable in scrapbook stores too. :)

Courtney K said...

oh how i too am happy to see new KI product!! love what you did with it!

Kim said...

this is very pretty what a sweet photo as well!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your stories are always so fun, and you really make me smile! And I adore your page, too! Really love all the patterns and papers you mixed here, and the chipboard bike is so cute. Loving all the arrow strips!

Alice Wertz said...

that's a cute story about your girl! according to you, i guess i should be very grateful that there is no archiver near me regarding my bank account. =) always love seeing how you use embellishments on your layouts. this is fab, Jing-Jing!