Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Recap of the Last Two Weeks

Two busy weeks have passed and so much has happened, like CHA!  Not only did I not have time to attend the trade show, I did not even manage to see a lot of sneaks this time around!  Therefore my plan is to happen upon Archiver's in the next two weeks and come home with a lot of new stuff!  

Work has kept me very busy in the recent months and the last two weeks were no exception.  I manage stress by going to the YMCA, so I've been extra diligent recently :)  This weekend saw yet another swim meet and this time I was there almost the entire meet which took nearly six hours.  My mother-in-law saw a t-shirt with a sign: "If this is the last day of your life, spend it at a swim meet. They last forever."  True Dat. 

I finally allowed myself to start watching Downton Abbey last weekend.  I knew from one glance of the "cover" that I wouldn't have any self control once I start.  Thus I waited till season 2 was completely available online so I watched both seasons in two short days.  That sums me up really, obsessive.  

Finally, I have been scrapbooking though you can't tell judging from the lack of posts around here :)  I have been creating projects for upcoming Creating Keepsakes issues.  In six months' time, I will be able to show them.  

I did this layout last December, on the day of the Newtown shooting.  When I heard the news on the radio, it changed where I was going with it and certainly changed what I was going to write about these photos.  



We are bracing ourselves for a cold stretch.  Negative numbers for temperature are in the forecast for the next week.  It hurts just thinking about it!  


Wherever you are, may you keep warm and safe.  Know that I am very envious if you live in a warmer climate. Maybe one day... that dream will come true for me :)

15 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your page! That day is a day I will never forget. Ben was home sick from school that day. I was actually glad, as I was able spend the day cuddling him. I am not the least bit thrilled with this cold spell. Can't wait for it to warm back up!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Sounds like you are a busy girl as am I Loving this page. Great colors, patterns and design . We had a rare warm day but I won't tell you how warm or you might throw darts my way. Lol. Stay warm and keep creating.

Alice Golden said...

Hey Jing-Jing! Haven't been over here in too long and I didn't know you are on the 2013 CK team - a huge congrats!!! Keep the inspiration coming. :)

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

Wow, Jing-Jing, look how grown up your beautiful daughter is getting! Beautiful page too! I don't scrap anymore these days, seem to be involved in other hobbies, but I've kept all my supplies and intend to get back to it one of these days!
Teresa Rogers

Audrey Pettit said...

That is one gorgeous layout, Jing Jing! Wow!
Wishing you calmer days ahead!

Charlene said...

Its good to see you! YOu sound so busy, but bust it good right? I love your page its adorable!! Stay warm...normally the cold dosen't bother me, but since I've lost 40 pounds I'm cold all the time lol!!

Karen B. said...

Cold, cold, cold here too! And I did the same thing with Downton Abbey! Love the show. Your layout is a lot of fun, great colors!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful photos and a beautiful page, Jing-Jing! love the papers you used, too. stay warm and safe! =)

alexandra s.m. said...

Your DD is growing fast indeed!
It's a great page Jing-Jing and i can't believe you watched the whole season in 2 days!
You crack me up ;o)

sarah said...

oh, warmth sounds good right about now. but i'm not complaining because i know that you live where it's FREEZING!

...and i like your way of thinking. head over to archivers and buy all of the latest CHA goodies. lol.

hugs,
sarah.

Keri said...

Love that you changed your direction on this layout...love the black camera background with the bright bits of travel, camera, dress, and my dear.
Can't wait to see all your Dream Team goodness in the coming CK issues!

Deana said...

Naomi is stunning, love the face painting & I love the journaling too. Such a horrific day...

PS... it's cold EVERYwhere.

Charlene said...

I really love your page, and I think that day in Newtown changed all of us. Stay warm!

Courtney K said...

love how you used the patterned paper squares - not sure how else to describe them! - to create the title. used that same paper for the first spread of my PL this year.

Christie Bryant said...

I love this page Jing-Jing! It's so fun to watch your girls grow up in photos.
I hope you stay warm! Go Downton Abbey!