Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Joy and Family - Christmas

Did we have the snownami of the decade or what? I tell you there is nothing blissful about any blizzard except the one from Fancy Pants Designs. Eve though I really like this collection, it still pains me that it is so named!! I cannot find any bliss the aftermath of the 12 inches of snow I have to contend with driving! Woe is me :)
I don't think anyone could have predicted this time last year, we would have our last Christmas in this house that belonged to my parents-in-law for over 35 years.  But there we were, immortalized in front of the fire place.  This year, over the hill to grandma's will be only a mile away!  We might just be able to handle it in a blizzard even! 
I continue to enjoying using Silhouette cuts that are designed for Project Life.  They are perfect for grid designs!  I picked up a ton of designs during the Silhouette online store sale.  For me, it's essential to have a lot of cuts to choose from my own library when I am working on a project. The subscription to the store has been a worthwhile investment for me.  
Here is another plug for the brand new issue hitting the newsstand today: the January/February 2013 issue of Creating Keepsakes! 
I hope mine arrives soon!

11 comments:

Keshet said...

So pretty, JJ!

Michelle said...

What a pretty page!! I love all the Cameo cuts!! I will have to look around through the PL cuts. Good idea. :) The weather just sucked. LOL We got 14" out here. Roads were terrible. DH had to work Sunday. Still not much better last night. It took him over 2 hrs to get home from work in Mpls to RF Monday night. Today it was 1 1/2 hrs to get to work. He is not happy. We need some sun to melt some of that stuff on the streets.

Karen B. said...

Glad to hear that you are getting use out of a subscription, as I sure do enjoy seeing your projects with it.

Deana said...

Love it... the cute family photos, the paint splatter, the design... just adorable! The 12 inches of snow... not so much...

alexandra s.m. said...

Love it!
I have to hook my Cameo and try ;-)
Your page is so beautiful and I love your palette!
When you get a chance I'd love to have your proper address, I don't think you have received my cards in the past ?

Patricia said...

a very beautiful color combo for a family layout.. Like it!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your colors on this layout! So heart-warming and beautiful! I wish you a very Merry Christmas! I can't wait to get this CK issue (my subscription stopped a year ago....) in my hands as I won the blog hop thingy at Stacy Cohen's blog!! Yay, lucky me!

Alice Wertz said...

precious photos and beautiful layout, Jing-Jing! love all the die cut details! hope you have a lovely weekend. stay warm and drive safely! =)

Christie Bryant said...

WOW! 12 inches!
I love this layout Miss Jing-Jing! You're AWESOME!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Regardless of the name, I do love this Fancy Pants line......and your use of it here is absolutely stunning!!

Magia da Inês said...

¸.•°♡⊱彡


Passei para uma visitinha.
Trabalho muito bonito.
Beijinhos.
Brasil ✿ °•.¸


(⁀‵⁀,) ✫✫✫
.`⋎´✫✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫✫
.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫✫✫ MERRY CHRISTMAS!