Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Layout

First order of business, Linh C wins a copy of the Creating Keepsakes Fast & Fresh special issue. Please leave me your email address so I can contact you.

The holidays are drawing to a close and soon I will need to return to work! I have enjoyed my stay at home time for the most part.  Time goes by so quickly and I hardly have had any chance to scrapbook.  This is the only page I have made in the last two weeks. I am not overachieving if you think these photos are from this year! Scrapping Christmas can be such a challenge because the photos tend to be incredibly busy: lots of people against mostly cluttered backgrounds.  I would encourage you to mat your photos in white or cream to help them stand out more on the page.  Of course, I was way too lazy to take my own advice here, lol.  
I am using a stamp set by Laina Lamb Design for My Favorite Things called Journal It - Calendar Basics. It did provide a break in the series of photos.  One could easily make a cute little calendar with this set but I chose to highlight just one day of the month and used it as a background for a flourish cut.

Speaking of cuts, I know many of you were good last year and Santa brought you a Cameo or Cricut for Christmas.  One thing I have just figured out in the last two weeks is that if you flip the design upside down and then put your paper on the mat desired-design-side down, the cuts come out even cleaner and crisper!

Speaking of Santa, who needs that chubby old guy? lol.  I took myself to the mall two days after Christmas and made out like a bandit.  I hope I can get back there again sometimes this week yet.  The new Gregorian new year is right around the corner. Here is to you and yours, may 2013 bring you love, joy and success!

14 comments:

Courtney K said...

love how you used the calendar stamp. and i'm totally going to try your cameo cutting tip!!

Michelle said...

This is fabulous! Not too busy... the photos are great! I will try your tip as well. I hope you are enjoying the day, watching the football game. :) I haven't ventured out of the house as little boy is sick. Need him better by Wednesday when he goes back to school.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Not too busy for me! Love these type of pages .. now I need to take my own advice and get some of 2011 done! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!

Denise Price said...

Great two-pager! I'm trying to make more 2-pagers, so thanks for the inspo.

Have a happy 2013!

alexandra s.m. said...

You always make the best double pages JIng Jing!
Your ability to capture life and compose a beautiful perfectly balanced page is exquisite!

I hope the year 2013 brings you everything you wish for!

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! This is stunning, Jing Jing! You took the challenging jumble that is Christmas photos and turned them into a work of art! Absolutely love your design here!
Wishing you a very happy New Year! May 2013 be your best year yet!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Delightful page, Jing-Jing! Love the multi-photo spread. Happy New Year to you!

Kim said...

I love the claen lines on thos one, you are def the master of doubles!!!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful and festive layout, Jing-Jing! love your holiday cards, too! Happy New Year to you and yours! =)

Lauren Hender said...

Love this layout.. Happy New Year!

Keri said...

Love the long row of ornaments, the large diecut shape with typed journaling, and of course all the holiday photos you were able to fit on this double-pager!
And yes, since I was so good that I got a Cameo, winks, I will definitely try that tip about flipping the design+paper!

Charlene said...

I love all the ornaments and pics!! Very cool page Jing Jing!!! Happy New Year!!!

Deana said...

Gorgeous work, as always! I guess I wasn't a good girl this year, since I didn't get a Cameo. Of course, I didn't ask for one either. Maybe I'll ask for one this year. I did get a Gucci bag though, so I was happy. LOL. Hope you're feeling better!

Izzy Anderson said...

This is wonderful. Great use of the two-pager. I love your work!