Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Apple Orchard Layout

I want to thank you all for your lovely comments and warm wishes for my last post!  The scrapbooking community is one huge reason why this hobby is sustaining to me.

Now that we are in December, all thoughts have turned to the holiday season and here I am posting a layout about fall, lol. It's one of those projects that I created because I really wanted to use up some beautiful products and because I really loved this particular sketch from the Got Sketch blog.

That date sticker I used here is older than dirt! Does anyone remember Fontwerks?  It feels so great to peel off the last sticker from the sheet and toss something into the trash, lol.  The fancy shape where I printed journaling is a cut from the Silhouette store. 
I am really tired from a late night last night attending a work recognition event.  Since the Korean phenom Psy was the last to perform, I had to stay to the very end.  I have mastered the dance and was happy to Gangnam style it with 15,000 of my bestest friends, most of whom are still in their tweenage years, lol :)  I hope to turn in a little earlier tonight.  This old lady has never gone to a concert before and underestimated just how taxing it would be!

Before I go, here is a link to the sneak peak of the Creating Keepsakes Jan/Feb 2013 issue.  It hits the newsstand next Tuesday on December 11.  I am greatly looking forward to getting this issue and seeing my little picture in there :) 

12 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Darling layout! ANY theme you make turns into a masterpiece! Good save for the last piece of sticker on the sheet! AND I wouldn't mind learning the Gangnam Style dance from you. Care to upload a how-to video in your blog? LOL. I can't wait to see your little pic in the new issue, either. I can proudly tell my family and friends..."Hey, there's my friend-Jing -Jing!"!!

Charlene said...

Funny! I went to a concert and ended up in the mosh pit with a bunch of 20 year olds and man was I tired! i was ready to go to bed after and they wanted to go out...Oh to be young lol!!!

I really love the layout, everything flows so great!!!

Chloe :-) said...

Beautiful page - these are the perfect papers!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Knock-out page, Jing-Jing and a big congrats is in order after reading the post below! Wow! Fantastic work! I totally know what you mean about finishing up a sticker sheet... LOL!!! :D

Michelle said...

It is hard to go out like we did when we were younger. LOL I know I can't keep up with all that anymore either. It is a wonderful page. I love the colors and Val has some great sketches on her blog. Sounds like you have another pub in the new magazine!! ;) congrats!! As for your Vikes.. you did call that one. But yet, that haven't really played well for awhile. They seem to have more off seasons lately.

alexandra s.m. said...

You crack me up!
Great L.O Jing-Jing!!

Alice Wertz said...

such a pretty layout, Jing-Jing! really like the warm colors. i am imagining you gangnam styling... =) hope you have a lovely weekend!

Kim said...

lovin the blocked design Jing Jing.....I agree perefct paper choices!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, your layout is just gorgeous, Jing Jing! I really love those papers and love the warm colors. The photo grid is fabulous. Love the banner at the top, too, and way to go using up some old stash goodies. That does always feel good. :)
So wish I could have been with you, dancing gangnam style....

Denise Price said...

Gorgeous page! I love the photo grid and the autumn colors of the products that you used.

Deana said...

How FUN to get to do Gangnam Style for real! We did it last weekend at the Zumbathon & I thought that was fun! The page rocks... as usual... & I love how you used the twine.

Christie Bryant said...

SO,SO CUTE!!!
You're so amazing! I'm catching up on all that I've missed...Your blog is always a must see!