Friday, November 16, 2012

One-Room School

Last summer when we were out in Pennsylvania Dutch country, we had the pleasure of visiting a one-room school house. It was fascinating for the kids in particular and Second Child certainly loved trying out the seats. She also did some pretending reading of the dictionary and some pretending napping on the book. 

This layout uses exclusively the Fancy Pants Off to School collection. I really love that background patterned paper with all the letters!!  It was so hard to part with such glorious beauty!  The hoarder in me was disappointed that I didn't resist keeping it forever, lol. 



The weekend is here and it is going to be a busy one.  I have some scrapping that must be done so here's to hoping that I will be able to accomplish everything!  My back is much better but I have not returned to the gym yet. Since I count on endorphin to reduce stress, frustration and for anger management, you can say things are not going well, lol.  All hilarity aside, I desperately want to get back. I wish I could say that I've used the ten hours this week to further other causes around the house, alas!

On a different note, does anyone use the Cricut Craft Room?  I finally decided to check it out and got it installed and configured yesterday. I am really excited that the tool allows me to alter the images before cutting! I still need to configure my Expression 2 for wireless access.  Other than that, I've tested cutting from my own cartridges and from the online libraries.  Everything works as expected.  Thanksgiving is right around the corner which means my annual cartridge shopping day is almost here!  There is a lot of pros and cons discussion comparing and contrasting Cricut Expression and the Silhouette Cameo.  I am so fortunate to have, like and use both. Let me mull over this topic and jot down a few thoughts of my own...  at another time.

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Oh... how CUTE!! I could never tell this photo was taken in Lancaster, PA!! Love the one-room school idea...BUT I could never be the patient teacher (LOL)!! I adore the sweet colors and adorable elements. On the last note about Cricut--I think I FAILED to use it much at all. I think Silhouette is more user-friendly? Or maybe it's just ME who has electronic diecut machine phobia!? Would love to hear your say!

alexandra s.m. said...

Ta page est magnifique Jing Jing et ce que tu arrives à faire avec cette machine est génial. J eviens de commander la Caméo, j'espère que ce ne sera pas trop difficile ;-S

Bon week-end!

Beth Hallgren said...

Love the little colorful buttons :)
I'm jealous of all the cuts the Silouhette can do but happy with my Cricut. Don't see a Cameo in my near future :( Can't wait to get a couple of new cartridges. What ones are you lusting after?

Karen B. said...

Good luck on your shopping! That paper is just awesome, and coupled with your cutie pie girl I think it is a wonderful layout.

Charlene said...

Im so happy your back is getting better. I had that problem awhile back and it is miserable!!! I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving!! LOVE your page so cute!!!

Alice Wertz said...

your girl is soooooo cute!! love that big smile! super cute layout, too! come to think of it, you will have that background paper forever after all. it's just in your album! =) fabulous work as always, Jing-Jing! glad to hear that you are feeling better. hope you get back to 100% soon! please do share your thoughts on Cricket ad Cameo. i am sooooo close to getting a Cameo!! i am even thinking about getting some of their cutting files on Black Friday just in case i do get one... i know, crazy! =)

Deana said...

SOOOO, SOOO adorable! And I hope you're able to work-out soon. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be! Ughhh.

Audrey Pettit said...

So sorry to hear about your back, Jing Jing! Hope you get back to your old self and back to the gym for a release of endorphins soon!
LOVE your layout! Such awesome papers and colors. Way to go releasing some treasured paper! Love those adorable photos......especially DD "napping" on the book. The ruler border with the buttons is sooo perfect here!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh you are so clever. I love this - the buttons along the ruler looks so effective.... PURE GENIUS!!

Christie Bryant said...

Darling layout! I love the holes with the background paper showing through. SO CLEVER!!!!!

Nathalie said...

I love this and that background paper used to be a favorite of mine too (I am still saving scraps of it)! Great color combo and awesome work with the die-cutting machine!