Saturday, November 10, 2012

Catching up

With Daylight Savings over, the days have shortened dramatically.  Psychologically, there are fewer hours in a day, so it would seem.  I also usher in the season of no photographing of projects except on weekends.

I have much to lament. Taking a vacation day yesterday, I went to my favorite Cardio-kickboxing class as usual.  I do so enjoy the butt kicking workout but after some particularly strenuous mountain climbers on the floor.  I noticed that my lower back was feeling stiff.  I had to skip some moves but I pressed on for another 25 minutes till the class was over.  By the time I showered and cleaned up, I knew that I had "thrown my back out." My dental hygienist remarked how I was walking funny when I was there in the afternoon. By yesterday evening, I could hardly move. Turning in bed caused the most disgusting pain!  So I guess this is it for me for a couple of weeks. I will miss out my favorite BodyStep release for the next two weeks.  I feel cheated.

Sitting and scrapping were no picnic either! If I dropped anything on the floor, I would have to yell for Second Child to pick it up for me.  But I couldn't just sit/lie around all day without accomplishing something, so here it is a brand new layout.
The funny thing was that I took this picture because her school librarian asked all students to send her photos of themselves reading in the summer.  We did the "photo shoot" one day before the photos were due. In the process of doing the "photo shoot," she became engrossed in the book quickly and ignored my demands of more poses. Oh well.

Here are a couple of close-up photos of the layout.  The title is a cut from the Silhouette online store. Those are my favorite types of cuts from Silhouette: non-layered cuts. This adorable Yearbook collection by Studio Calico is so delightful to use.  Here's a tip, it matches October Afternoon's Midway extremely well.  The color schemes are pretty much identical!!

Speaking of October Afternoon, check out what I did one October afternoon not too long ago...  LOL.  I went to the OA warehouse sale for the first time, and it was worth the 28 miles of drive, LOL.  
Lastly, I have a photo of the delicious rugelachs my father made.  Between his baking and my inability to move, I am afraid... very afraid...

18 comments:

Aubree said...

Sad to hear you are hurt!!! Missing our daily banter...must get back online soon!!

Love the layout. I must get back in my scrap room soon. It has far too long!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

wow, you got some amazing stuff at that OA sale. I was going to go and then decided not to at the last minute, but after seeing your chipboard I wish I would of.

Karen B. said...

What a haul, I wonder how far away that it is from the center of WI? Cool layout too, I like seeing kids read.

Michelle said...

Oh Jing Jing, I can empathize with the back thing. My DH has hurt his back so many times. It is no fun. Watching him is painful. What a fun page!! It is so nice that she loves to read so much! My kids do too. You made a haul at OA. I was there too! I think you did better than I did. :) It was almost an hour drive for me from River Falls. For Karen I am guessing another 3-3.5 hrs.

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Pauvre Jing JIng...je suis désolée d'apprendre ça et je te souhaite un prompt rétablissement. Cette page est très belle et met si bien la photo de ta fille en valeur ;-)

Midway est une de mes collections préférées mais je trouve difficile à utiliser.


Rhonda Merry said...

Cute LO, I hope you feel better soon. And...would your Dad come and cook for me??? It's so not my favorite task. hehe

Virginia L. said...

I love the reading photo and the cute banners on the page....such a DARLING layout! And "thanks" for reminding me to get more exercise (my resolution this year is a complete FAIL--lol, it's no wonder because I spend way too much time blogging and card-making). And as I was studying the layout...those photo of Rugalahs almost "killed" me! I can hear my stomach growling very very loudly! Hats off to your Dad's smashing success with baking!! I should visit your blog with a FULL stomach next time :)

Nathalie said...

I love how colorful your page is and I always enjoy seeing a kid engrossed in a book (have used a few of these kind of photos of my kids) :) - I hope your back feels better already! Cheers!

Deana said...

You are obsessed with OA! OMGosh! I am jealous of that score! How fun! What's not fun is your poor back going out & missing your favorite classes. Hope you get well soon. And BTW... one has to actually be designing for a manufacturer to attend CHA...so no I'm not going. Not unless they want to pay me to demo Zumba at the show? Could bring more people in though? Hmmmm. Why don't you just come visit & attend our Zumbathon on Dec 8th instead?! :-)

Deana said...

And BTW...that page is perfection!

Denise Price said...

I like how you combined bright, rainbow colored papers with soft greys--nice combo.

Well, I thought I'd bought a lot of OA stuff lately, but it looks like *nothing* compared to your haul! :) Glad you had fun.

Hope your back feels better soon!

Alice Wertz said...

awww.... hope you are feeling better. take good care! beautiful design and layout, Jing-Jing! and i am sooooo jealous that you get to go to the warehouse sale!!! look at all those yumminess! i guess i need that Midway paper pack to go with my Yearbook. =)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, I am loving your new LO and your new OA stash .. but so sorry to hear about your back. I can relate though. I've done some heavy lifting here this past week .. and oh my goodness .. I'm too old for this. Thanks for coming by my blog today! Take care!

Christie Bryant said...

So sorry your back is out, I feel for you...so awful.

Your layout is darling, love that photo!

And the food your Dad is making looks mouth watering.

Keri said...

Oh my gosh, that OA haul, what have you DONE?! :) :) Looks awesome.
Love the layout, love the title and all the little numbers/letters themed products you used.
Hoping you and your back are recovered and on their way to bodypump in no time, Jing Jing!

Kim said...

fab fab fab design here, Ilove how you have placed the banner too!

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so sorry to hear about your back! I've suffered from back injuries, too, so I know what it's like. :(
But even with all that pain, you managed to make a totally stunning layout! My gosh, I LOVE this!
So jealous over your OA warehouse sale run!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh I love this one so much!