Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spooky to Say the Least

I don't have pictures today to report on the baker's continued success with the oven :) Over the weekend, we decided that it was time to order what we would like to have baked next.  We pointed him to the Rugelach recipe that the kids and I are gaga over, and he went to work.  My mother, ever so frugal, disapproved the expensive mascarpone ($5 container) my dad had bought to make the rugelach.  I was more "concerned" about the two sticks of butter, but whatever, I will sacrifice my body for my palate :)

This layout is on the Doodlebug blog today. To say that First Born was spooky looking was a serious understatement.  That lost front tooth was the perfect "accessory" for her costume and smeared on makeup. Hideous, but that was what she was going for as an evil queen/witch.
The die-cut background in green is a Cameo cut.  These background cuts are seriously wonderful and cuts down on purchases in punches!  I need to play more with these background cuts, so many possibilities exist!  

One more week and I am headed for a mini-vacation and then a conference for work.  I'm working in overdrive hoping to get the proverbial ducks lined up so I can be gone.  We haven't given a single thought to the vacation planning so we will just wing it.  We'll get a map once we are there and figure out where we want to hike. LOL.

Thanks for stopping by and I'm off to check on the baker's progress :)




14 comments:

Virginia L. said...

S-BOO-tacular layout!! I love the diecut border from the Cameo! I can't wait to see the yummy Rugelach result (salivating here...). Hats off to the new talented baker in the house!

Karen B. said...

Sounds delightful, both the baking and the trip to come. And a fun page too!

Nathalie said...

Spooky but still cute :) I really like the framing with the green paper. Enjoy your time off wherever you'll be!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Super cute Jing Jing! What is a little butter now and then? LOL

Melinda said...

The missing tooth is absolutely perfect for the overall look, just love it. I'm starting to think that a Cameo might be next on my shopping list because I keep seeing so much inspiration everywhere and your gorgeous green background looks fabulous. Hope you enjoy the time away. :)

Michelle said...

This is fabulous, Jing-Jing. I love her costume and yes the missing tooth is perfect!! As for the butter, anything that is really good, isn't necessarily the best for us... but all in moderation and it isn't all that bad for us either. Everything in moderation. :) A mini vacation sounds wonderful. I would love to hit the North Shore for Thanksgiving again this year, but not sure that is going to happen. Oh, and I recently caved and purchased a Cameo (I have an expression too). :o But all of you make it look so fun!! Now, to bust into it and start making some things for my pages. :)

Kim said...

wowzers the design of this one is awesome I especially love what you have done with that spider paper!

Debbie said...

Loving the bright colors and the title rocks! Great layout!

Deana said...

I believe that's why you spend so much time at the Y...so you CAN sacrifice your body for your palate! So funny! Gorgeous page, as usual, & I'm loving the spooky costume!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love that you sacrifice your body for the sake of the baker man, and LOVE this gorgeous layout! Your little witch could never be hideous! she is too adorable!;)

Courtney K said...

hahaha, she's cute even when she looks spooky!

alexandra s.m. said...

Ta apgee st superbe! et quelle photo! une vraie comédienne ta Fille ;-)

Je veux voir les photos des patisseries / viennoiseries de ton papa!!

Tu me fais trop rire


Dis, tu as pensé faire un mini book avec toutes les créations de ton papa?

Christie Bryant said...

Such a cute layout! I love that kids combine costumes. A queen/witch. My son was a zombie/cowboy last year. So funny!
I love that you Dad is baking! How fun is that?!!!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL vacation, you sure do deserve it!
xoxo

Alice Wertz said...

hope the rugelach was delicious! =) and that is a pretty good make up for a halloween! pretty spooky and cute! super fun layout, Jing-Jing!