Saturday, October 13, 2012

New Goodies Lead to Beautiful

My gentle readers may remember my attempt at subtracting from infinity, aka, organizing/purging my scrapbook room a while ago.  I made a small dent into infinity but as expected, infinity mends itself rather quickly.  Ultimately, recognizing that I will never stop buying more stuff helped my purging. What goes out will come back in Archiver's bags. LOL.

Here is a layout after a recent trip to Archiver's.  I just love those rose papers by MME and wanted to use it immediately.  It's a little sad that her cheeks are less round with each passing day, so it's nice to have a photo or two to remind me of what I once could pinch daily, lol.


Do you LOVE that pink butterfly by Crate Paper from a collection of several years ago?  I have a tip for you, find it here in the Silhouette store that looks so similar! Now I will never run out of this gorgeous butterfly!  Rejoice!
Here's an update on the baker's progress.  Dad made a batch of chocolate chip cookies following the recipe on the back of the chips package.  They were flat and crunch, D- at best, LOL.  He commented how they don't look like the ones he typically sees, so I guess I will have to look around for recipes that he can try.  If you have a good cookie recipe, please link me up :)   

Dad also told the kids this morning that he was going to bake an apple pie for them.  I am not a fan of apple pies, so I wanted to intervene and change his direction :) However, it turns out that he meant to bake a French apple tarte. Well, we approve! A tart sounds awfully complicated and difficult. It he gets it done before we leave for vacation, I will take some pictures.  

15 comments:

Michelle said...

I have a good choc. chip recipe. Very much similar to the one on the back of the Nestle's bag. Instead of the 2 sticks of butter Nestle's calls for, I use 1/2 c. shortening (I buy the butter flavored sticks of Crisco) and 1/2 c. butter. Mine also calls for 2 1/2 c. flour, 1 c. packed brown sugar, 1/2 granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 1 t. vanilla, 1/2 t. baking soda. The rest is the same. Same oven temp and time. They don't come out flat. They are really good. At least we think so. :) Try it out. Let me know what you think. I love your page of your little one. The rose paper is so pretty. My sweet boy, who will be 6 soon, is losing his chumpy cheeks. There is still a hint there. I also love to play with his mop. He has always had a TON of hair. I miss that baby smell he used to have. I wish I could bottle it and save it.

Christie Bryant said...

This is such a gorgeous layout!!!! I absolutely LOVE the photograph of your daughter and you know I love the details. :)

Beth Hallgren said...

The contrast between the grey and pinks & old fashioned and modern is perfection! I have a chocolate chip oatmeal recipe that is scrumptious if you'd like the recipe let me know :)

Karen B. said...

I'd have a difficult time not using that paper too! You've really framed your daughter's sweet face!

Deana said...

The tip for choc chip cookies not being flat is to use butter and shortening. I have my mom's recipe somewhere. Finding it might be another story though! The page is gorgeous. Love the product combo & the clean design. I've got to get Archivers soon. I bet there's lots of new product calling my name!

Deana said...

Try Michelle's recipe....she's got the secret of butter & shortening down. ;-)

ellen s. said...

I am SO not a baker, LOL! I try but I always burn something. Mine come out flat a lot, too but the still taste greate ;)

Love your layout...beautiful!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love your page as these colors are amazing together. And I love love love the large sized photo of your daughter and her sweet lil cheeks. Tell Dad that I have a killer oatmeal recipe if he is game for that!

Audrey Pettit said...

How gorgeous! This page is absolutely stunning, Jing Jing! Really love those papers and I love the whole design! Really fabulous photo, too!
Sorry to hear the cookies weren't a huge success. Sometimes the temperature of the butter or the amount of mixing really makes a difference in how fluffy the chocolate chip cookies turn out. Just tell him to practice more! ;)

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful photo and layout and perfect for the paper you chose! gorgeous work as always, Jing-Jing! hope the apple tart turned out yummy! =)

Virginia L. said...

Love love the MME paper as you used them so superbly! I love the puffy cheeks of your DD and how the roses match hers! And cookies, pies, tarts...I made them and love them all. Do check my side bar in my blog for cookies series if the baker is up to it!

alexandra s.m. said...

If your Dad wants my secret "Tarte aux Pommes" recipe, have him email me ;-) no seriously!!!
Apples Tarts are much easier to make than apple pies, trust me!


Love your page and the roses!!

Love your justification for being new products, all I can say is that I completely agree with you ;-)

Kim said...

this is a truly elegant layout, beautiful!

Charlene said...

YOur page is absolutely gorgeous!! You rocked the MME and yes, love the butterfly!! Kids grow up so fast :-(

Denise Price said...

Why yes, that rose paper is gorgeous! I can see why you wanted to use it right away. I also like the way you made the buttons cascade down the left side of the page.

PS Thanks for the info on the winter melon!