Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone!  I will be trick-or-treating as myself and scaring all kinds of people along the way soon. lol.  Last year, the kids had some awesome costumes but I'm not sure how it will work out this year.  I guess when I get home from work, we can find out / figure out how the costumes will go down. LOL.  

Here is a layout published in the Creating Keepsakes September/October 2012 issue.  My assignment was to use a clip-art and create a stitched embellishment for the layout. Most of the products on the pages is MME's Halloween collection from last year. I love love love that collection.  The name is currently escaping me though!
And a few weeks ago, I did a layout using the Fancy Pants Oct 31 collection in the sketch contest.  Second Child was a little younger in that costume.  I so wish she could still wear it because it's actually a nice warm one!  I swear costumes are mostly pointless here in Minnesota. Why? Because you have to put a coat over the costume! Sigh...  Back in 2002, I was in San Francisco attending a conference over Halloween.  There the princesses and Frankensteins do not have to layer on a parka to go trick-or-treating. LOL. 

Well, I hope you have a great Halloween.  I am unprepared this year.  When I get home from work, I need to empty out their bags of candies from last year yet.  Then they can go fill them up again for me to dump out in 365 days!  LOL.  Spook away! 

13 comments:

Michelle said...

So funny about the dumping of candy. My kids don't really eat theirs either. Well, one... the other is too old to go. I saw the page in CK and love it. the 2nd one is cute too! Yes, costumes for up here are pointless. My littlest will be wearing his winter coat over his Jedi costume. Definitely not as fun for photos. Happy Halloween! :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, here I am .. blogging away .. we do not celebrate Halloween much anymore .. and that makes life so much easier. Loving your pages though and the second one is oh so adorable! Have a good time this evening!

Karen B. said...

So did the costumes turn out as great as the ones featured on these pages? Great pages by the way!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh these are fantastic!!!!!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on the pub! Both pages are darling. I love the stitched details! I have look out for that issue! And yes, it's wet and rainy here for the Halloween night...the quietest Halloween ever! (LOTS of candy left over--not good!). Happy Halloween!

Nathalie said...

These are both adorable pages but I can't believe your girls don't even get to eat any of the fruit of their labor!! LOL!

Nathalie said...

Oh, almost forgot: congratulations on your publication!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

LOVE these layouts, Jing Jing!~ So, so cute, and such adorable papers and goodies. That MME line from last year is still my most fave this year. Mischievous. LOVE
Congrats on your pub, and I hope things went well last night for trick or treats. We were a bit last minute, too. DD pulled together a costume minutes before walking out the door. It was rather, eh hem.....interesting!

Alice Wertz said...

now you have me looking forward to seeing this year's halloween photos of your girls! =) fabulous pages and congrats on the publication!! hope you had a happy and safe trick or treating! =)

alexandra s.m. said...

Awww...trop mignons!
moi je fais exactement la meme chose, lily peut ramasser tous les bonbons qu'elle veut mais ensuite elle me les échange contre des choses plus saines ;-)

Congrats on your publication!

Deana said...

I have to immediately dump out at least half of what Bryn scores while trick or treating because she's allergic to it. The other half barely gets touched, as she forgets about it. Oh well... her teeth will thank her some day!

And both pages are FANTASTIC, as are the adorable costumes in the photos. I'm just SURE you had adorable costumes this year, as well. Can't wait to see!

Charlene said...

Too funny, dumping of the candy lol!!! LOVE your pages and stiched details, always so wonderful!! Congrats on your pub!!

Christie Bryant said...

Love these layouts! Your little witches look so cute!!!!

We have to bundle up here in Idaho too. It was already snowing the first part of October.