Thursday, October 25, 2012

Christmas Bling and Coming Home

Today I get to go home!  DH has long departed when my work conference started here in Vegas earlier this week.  Good thing we did our hiking trip before the conference so I built up my walking muscles to deal with the huge resort and even huger conference center! Surrounded by 12,000 closest friends, even this extreme extrovert is ready to go home! I can't wait to eat some boring home meals and get back to the gym.  

On Doodlebug's blog, my Christmas bling layout has been posted. It's perfectly timed since I am greatly looking forward to getting back to my little nest. Each year, we take a photo in front of the tree on Christmas Day.  The photos always turn out nicely because presents don't get opened till I'm happy with the photos.  Incentive!! :)  This tree cut became available the day I sat down to do this layout and it was so perfect for what I wanted to do with the photo and the Doodlebug bling.  
Here is a close-up photo of the blinged up tree :) All the bling came from a single Doodlebug package: "jewels: Christmas assortment."  It is a great cost effective way of doing embellishment. Cute cute stuff!

So there you have it! Be sure to stop by doodlebug's blog and check out the amazing layouts and cards all blinged up by  its DT members. 
Here is one more photo from the hiking days last week.  Can you spot us in it? :) 

18 comments:

Michelle said...

This is such a cute page!!! It is a wonderful photo of the four of you as well. I love the shot from your hiking! Beautiful! have a safe trip home!!

Charlene said...

What an adorable page Jing Jing!! Looks like a fun time!!

Karen B. said...

There's something about aqua, red and green that makes for a great holiday layout...

Beth Hallgren said...

Love the "blingy" tree! What a great family photo! I'm ashamed to say that we've never done a family photo :(

Kim said...

OHHH my is just stunning Jing JIng I love that tree!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Absolutely adorable layout Jing Jing! Love how bright and playful it is! What a great hiking location! Wow, fabulous pic!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Soooo awesome! Loving that tree! Amazing design!!!

Nathalie said...

What a great Christmas page! Ah. I love the no-present until mommy is happy with the photo!!! Maybe I should try that! :P

Deana said...

Ok seriously. That is the.coolest.photo.EVER.

And of course the page is way adorable. Loving the blinged out tree!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous layout, Jing Jing! So love that happy paper and beautiful photo, and that blinged out tree is amazing! So is your hiking photo. How cool to see your waving silhouettes against the backdrop!

Alice Wertz said...

that is a cool tree and love all the bling on it! beautiful photo (so clever with the "incentive") of your family and layout! love it! hope you have a wonderful weekend! =)

Sandi Cl~ said...

This is such a cool page .. great colors, awesome blinged out tree and fun family photo. As for you hiking pic, I believe I do see your shadow at the bottom of those cliffs. But I can see why you needed yo get in shape! Take care!

alexandra s.m. said...

Ta page est magnifique!
Elle me donne envie de Noel ;-)

Denise Price said...

I love the way you made that tree!!! And I love the scalloped papers layered atop the snowflake paper--nice combo.

Keri said...

Love the bling-tree, the hand-journaling, and the cute family photo!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, gorgeous layout for Christmas! VERY smart of you to have the photo taken BEFORE opening the presents!! Love the photo of you at the hike--another page to scrap :)

Patricia said...

what a beautiful Christmas page.. the Chistmas tree is awesome...

Christie Bryant said...

Wow! I had no idea that I've been absent so long...I've really need to catch up on your blog!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this layout!!! Such a fantastic family photo!

XOXO