Saturday, October 20, 2012

5th and Frolic with Easter Egg

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but in the case of 5th and Frolic, I had to see it in person to completely fall in love head and heels. I absolutely adore this collection's soft palettes: sweet, serene, and subtle.  I took the path of the least resistant and went to the Easter photo stash.  I am not good at scrapping Easter photos. Here in Minnesota, April is usually still too cold for pretty Easter dresses and egg hunting in pastels. This past year, we got close but not close enough.  The kids defied my orders to suffer the wind for the sake of photos, so a jacket over the pretty dress was all I could get :) 
I totally loved the chipboard elements that are a part of this collection. I used them immediately on this layout.  As for my bling border, I individually added each little piece. That was a long and arduous process. I can't say that it was completely worth it, lol.
We are having a great time here at Zion National Park. Today we conquered the Angel's Landing, a hike that is accompanied with many warnings of death and more death.  We are grateful that we survived and have a pretty awesome photo to show for it. In total, we hiked about 8 miles and elevated ourselves 1500 feet in the process.  I even managed to see a condor resting and in flight!  We also observed some serious rock climbers on the side of a cliff.  All in all, it was a great day.  We don't have time to do the Narrows so that will have to wait for the next time. Oh it's time to get some rest. There's more to hike tomorrow!

14 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

J'adore ta page et mise en page mais Ciel, quelle horreur cette photo pour quelque'un qui a le vertige comme moi!!! J'ai envie de crier: GET DOWN! GET DOWN!!! ;-)

Nathalie said...

Trés jolie cette page! J'aime les petits clipboards qui servent de support. On dirait que vous avez un temps superbe à Zion :)

Kim said...

pretty pastel coloys and I love that strip down the centre!

Karen B. said...

Now that is some photo! You two look happy. Your page is a lot of fun, I like how you can seamlessly create with chipboard products on your layouts.

Deana said...

Beautiful page & so funny that you tried to get her to bare the cold without a jacket for the sake of the photos. I say real life photos are the best!! Love all the bling too! And what a fantastic photo of you & your husband! Gorgeous scenery there! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Denise Price said...

Adorable page--and I LOVE the "clipboard" look!

As someone who is afraid of heights, I can't imagine why you would voluntarily go on that hike. But I'm glad that you enjoyed it, if that's your thing. Have a great rest of your vacation!

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a great page .. I too love that collection. Too bad that mother nature does not always swing our way for the photos we want to take to document our holidays. Looks like a scary hike to me .. take care!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Such a gorgeous layout!!!

Charlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlene said...

Looks like your having a great time at Zion park!!! I just ordered 5th and frolic last night. I agree with your analogy :-)LOVE your page, adorable as always :-)

Agata said...

Such a great layout and story! Oh, what a girl wouldn't do for her looks, lol! Have fun in Zion, would love to do some hiking with you!!!

Alice Wertz said...

just got the 6x6 pad from this collections and oh, it's yummy! =) adorable photos and beautiful layout, Jing-Jing! i quite like the bling border, by the way. and an awesome photo of the hike!! thanks so much for sharing!

Audrey Pettit said...

Another totally gorgeous layout, Jing Jing! SO love this design! Fabulous photos and arrangement, even with the jacket over the pretty Easter dress. Love the clipboard on here, too.
And wow, what a spectacular photo. That hike must have been breathtaking!

Keri said...

Yes, 5th & Frolic is perfect for Easter photos, great thinking! Love the painstaking bling-border, lol, and the cute clipboard frames!