Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Relay for Life

A few weeks ago, my family was invited to a fund raising bowling event for Tom's Relay for Life team which benefits the American Cancer Society.  I brought my camera along for photos. However the bowling alley was too dimly lit for great photos inside. I decided to just use this one outside the bowling alley for this layout.  I used mostly the Hopscotch collection from Fancy Pants but also used a couple of sheets from the Country Boutique line, such as the gray background and the gray chevrons.

I am always trying to find ways to incorporate the very scrapper friendly Cameo cuts into my layout. I cut the word "life" and the circles you see in the background using cuts from the Silhouette online store.  Oh, the journaling shape is also a Cameo cut.
I can never get enough of the banner chipboard pieces from fancy pants and pairing them with buttons is a tried and true technique for me.

Today is the first day of school for First Born and the last day of my mini-staycation. Good thing I was at home because I ended up having to drive her to school. The bus finally arrived after I pulled into the driveway after dropping her off. It was 45 minutes late!  LOL. So much for seeing her off on the bus!

With the remainder of the day, I hope to do some scrapping and live out the "day of fun" with Second Child before she starts her academic career tomorrow!  Have a wonderful week!


14 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

really like the layering of paper and patterns on this layout. so pretty! hope you are having a great time with your girl! =)

Karen B. said...

Great layout, your girls are precious. Relay for Life holds a strong place in my heart, what a great cause.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Super cute page based on a good cause! Hope you and Second Born had a fun day to fuel you through the back to the grind!

Audrey Pettit said...

This layout is just stunning, Jing Jing! My gosh, did you ever rock the patterned papers here! Love the banner and LOVE the die cut circle sheet. Looks like giant punchinella. SO fun!

Michelle said...

Sending my littlest off to kindy this morning (all day kindy in RF). Hard thing to do for this mama. Going to really miss my funny boy. What a great page! I love the circles. yes, bowling alleys are tough for getting good photos.

Tom H said...

It was so much fun to have you and your family come out to the Relay For Life event. Thanks, JJ!! And now, the moment is immortalized in your design! How cool is that!!!

Tom

Angi said...

Our schools here participate in Relay for Life. Love your colorful page!

Charlene said...

Great use of your cameo! Love the circles and the pretty paper and of coarse thepics are always adorable!

Christie Bryant said...

What a fabulous layout! Love the title. You're making me want to purchase a Cameo!!!! YIKES!!!

Kim said...

very cool layout ...lovin those black circles especially!

Deana said...

LOVE that page. Cute photo too! Hope you two had fun today! Is it Kindergarten for her?? Time flies.... :-(

alexandra s.m. said...

Superbe page et on dirait que la photo se continue sur ta page, c'est génial!
J'espère que la Rentrée c'est bien passée ;-)

Virginia L. said...

What can I say? This is DARLING!! Love love the banners and colors! Happy September, my friend!

Nathalie said...

Great page! I LOVE that banner and have to try the pennants + buttons look because it sure looks good! Hope everyone's first days were successful! :D