Wednesday, September 19, 2012

North Pole Anyone?

Doodlebug introduced an extremely fun and vibrant collection for Christmas called North Pole.  As usual, it sends me off squealing "cute!" :)  My absolute favorite things from this collection are the whimsical trees!  They are seriously adorable!  

Most of the time, I am satisfied with the photos I take of my layouts, but I do wish this one is a tiny bit brighter because the papers in this collection are very cheerful.  The white in this collection really sparkles.  I wish I could have emphasized the whites even better in this photograph, but take my word for it.  It is outstanding!

So are my children on this particular occasion, sharing a pen and writing a list.  First Born was ever trying teach Second Child and this was an exceptional day because it did not result in a fight!  Perhaps they know quarreling while creating the list gives it bad qi which Santa will surely sense? :)
I particularly loved the cardstock stickers with these little frames.  I just happened to have on hand a few tiny photos (2x3) and they were perfectly framed by these stickers!  I had planned to mat the photos with white cardstock but this was was a lot more interesting.  The massive title is another cut in the Silhouette store.  With just a couple of clicks, I created the mat so that the title can stand out more against the background.  I do love the flexibility of the machine and software combination!

Doodlebug is offering a give-away of a North Pole Essentials Kit.  Details found on the Doodlebug's blog, so be sure to enter to win it!

11 comments:

2 Ducky said...

Absolutely adorable! Both the layout and the children :)

Virginia L. said...

Perfect photos for the layout! I don't think they are too dark! In fact, I kind of like the contrast! Beautiful job!

Kim said...

love the simple layers Jing JIng and your design always rocks!

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy Cow, is this ever gorgeous, Jing Jing! Absolutely LOVE this layout! Love all the mix of papers and love how you used the frame stickers with the photos!

Patricia said...

very beauitful collection.. and very beautiful layout!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh, ça met tout de suite dans l'ambiance de Noel ta belle page Jing-Jing!!

Charlene said...

SO cute!! LOVE the pics, just to cute!!!

Deana said...

Too darn cute!!! May need to get my hands on that collection! Love your page design & the fun title!

Alice Wertz said...

love the mix of patterns on this one. so festive and cheery! beautiful work as always, Jing-Jing! hope you have a wonderful weekend! =)

Keri said...

Love the little framed photos, and the large "list" part of the title, with the smaller "making"...love the intent look on their faces as they craft their Santa list too! :)

Christie Bryant said...

Such a DARLING layout Miss Jing-Jing!!!! Love it!!!