Sunday, September 16, 2012

Look Here

I was assigned to do a scraplift of another DT member for a project on the Fancy Pants blog.  I chose to scraplift Kim Watson because of her fun and whimsical style. Her layout compositions are always unique and nothing that I could cook up myself.  I thought this layout, Happy Day, would be a fun project to emulate because it is quintessentially Kim, absolutely adorable, and again, nothing I could dream up by myself.

I find photograph matching to be the most challenging thing in scraplifting, both in size and in number. Ultimately, I almost always go with my photos the way they are and re-configure the page accordingly. I think the results of such adjustments may make the layout look significantly different from the original and I am perfectly happy with that. 

I incorporated many of the elements Kim used in her layout, such as tiny little borders, several rectangles of patterned papers. I even broke out two bottles of mists but I did decide against busting out the sewing machine!  There are chipboard pieces, buttons, and various sticker arrows to match her stars. It was a thoroughly enjoyable process scraplifting Kim.  My layout, ultimately, reflects me and my traditional and simpler style.

For the title, I combined two different cuts purchased from the Silhouette store "The tour starts here" &"Look" and modified them to suit my need.  There's no way I can design my own cuts but making these types of changes are fast and simple to do. 

The weekend is winding down and I am happy to say that I was more scrappy productive this time around! I hope to update mid-week with a project for Doodlebug with its latest Christmas collection. Happy football Sunday!  My team lost already so hopefully yours is doing better :)

11 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, Jing-Jing! What a delightful and with such gorgeus colors! The photos really pop here! I love your lift but with your own style which regretfully I cannot emulate. I hope you have a fabulous week!

Nathalie said...

WOW!!! Elle est magnifique ta page! J'aime beaucoup le style de Kim Watson mais j'aime aussi la manière dont tu as fait cette page à ta façon.

Alice Wertz said...

love looking at every little details on you layout, Jing-Jing! it's so beautiful! amazing work as always!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! What a gorgeous page, Jing Jing! I can so see how you were inspired, but totally see your own style in here. Really loving all the detail. You rocked the patterned papers. This is fabulous!

Beth Hallgren said...

The gorgeous burnt orange in your photos really pops against the blues and I'm so jealous of the titles you can make. I'm just too lazy to figure out how to do it on my Cricut.

The Lions lost miserably :(

Charlene said...

Wonderful scraplifting :-) I love the colors and all the elements you used!

Kathy Martin said...

I already saw this on Pinterest! It's fabulous!

Karen B. said...

Such intense and beautiful colors in your layout.

Deana said...

Gorgeos work! Kim inspires me too! You BOTH do!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

moi aussi j'aime beaucoup ton interprétation et ta page est riche en une multitude d'inspirations!

Christie Bryant said...

Oooooo I LOVE the title on this layout, so beautiful!!! Love everything about this layout!!!