Sunday, September 23, 2012

Apple

Today was one chilly and windy autumn day! I would not have conceded that summer was over if we didn't go to the apple orchard, shivering and cold. We were not prepared with gloves or even sweaters!  As I looked through the pile of photos I took today, I was reminded that this layout was probably never posted on my blog.  It was created for the Purple Cows booth at CHA winter 2012 showcasing its Wind It tool and wires.

Last year, we had enough apples on our trees to have a picking "event" in the backyard but this year brought exactly one apple total :)  No worries, we picked up enough Honey Crisps today to last DH a couple of months!  I do hope to get my act together and scrapbook more in the coming months... Today's outing is just so perfect for  a mini-album for example!


Check out the wires around this chipboard accent.  Isn't it cool?  Those photo corners are created using the Wind It tool. I do appreciate the fun factor in this tool and the unique embellishments it creates. 

In an effort to encourage myself to scrapbook more, I stopped by Archiver's after the family outing.  I picked up both the Yearbook and Classic Calico v.3 paper packs and a few other things.  I couldn't believe how I've been missing out for months! Those two collections are seriously breathtaking! I reflected how much I have changed!  Four years ago, I would have pre-ordered, ordered, and bought such lovelies the minute CHA sneaks came out!  LOL.  It's all good. :)  Now that the kids are older, life is so much busier!  Enough rambling on here at the old blog and time to do some scrapping!  A wonderful weekend to you!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful page, Jing Jing. I love the metal accents. It is isn't it! Brrr! Glad we got our squash, pumpkins and the last of our garden pickings in Friday. I am not ready for the winter that follows. I need to go apple picking!! I need my fill of Honey Crisp too!! :) I also want to try the Sweet Tangos. Looking forward to our trip to McDougal's in Afton.

Courtney K said...

love the metal accents!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh I love this!!! How fab do those wires look like that! Awesome work!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous layout, Jing Jing! I love the non-traditional papers and colors you used here and love what you did with the wire. The wire wrap on that chipboard piece is really cool!

Deana said...

The Wind It tool seems pretty cool! I bet you could probably use it to make jewelry charms too? Can't wait to see the upcoming apple pages &/or mini book! Need to get to Archivers soon, myself...

Beth Hallgren said...

Now I'm going to have to dig that chipboard out of my stash and see what I can create with it! Quit shaming me into using my stash :) Love the layout, the colors are perfect!

Christie Bryant said...

Love this layout!!! The wire on the chipboard is such a clever idea!!!
XOXO

Karen B. said...

Bundle up! These photos are adorable, as is your layout.

Kim said...

gosh that wire embellie looks amazing...stunning photos on your layout!

Debbie said...

Love the use of the metal on your ever so creative layout!

alexandra s.m. said...

Comment ai-je pu ne pas voir cette merveilleuse page Jing jing? Je ne connaissais pas cette machine ni cette technique mais c'est du plus bel effet. Merci de la faire partager!
J'ai entendu qu'il avait meme neigé à certains endroits ce dimanche!! Ici, l'été indien est revenu! C'est si beau!!


Bonne Journée~

Charlene said...

I love the wire around the flower, so creative, and the paper is cute!!

Nathalie said...

This is such a cool and unique page! Love the metal accents and the colors. We just went apple picking this weekend and even though the crop wasn't the best this year we're eating some fresh delicious apples everyday :)

Alice Wertz said...

the wire embellishments are pretty cool. you don't see them a lot. and the photos are adorable as always! looking forward to seeing more of your apple picking projects! =) lovely layout, Jing-Jing! off to hunt for that yearbook 6x6 pad... =)

Keri said...

Cute photos, and love the wire photo corners! Garden veggie-wise, we try to grow one new thing each year...sometimes they hate it, sometimes they don't, lol.

Sandi Cl~ said...

So very, very pretty! And loving your cards as well! Getting cold here too this weekend. Brrr!