Monday, September 10, 2012

A Birthday Layout - Three

The end of the year always brings out awesome sales.  Last Christmas, I took advantage of a great sale and snatched up some absolutely delightful paper from Pebbles Inc's Fresh Goods collection.  I set out to create a few projects to submit to the Cricut Magazine and this is one of them in the Birthdays Idea book.

Second Child's birthday weather is mostly nice but the year she turned three was exceptionally wonderful. Since I always print my photos in batch and long before I typically scrap them, I can tell you that I still have a ton of photos from that year. I have been thinking about switching to "print as I go" but I just can't quite imagine the "workflow" so I haven't done it.
This adorable girl is cut using my Cricut E2 and Something to Celebrate cartridge. Her hair reminds me of Second Child's braids in the photo.  I chose the brown color because there was a stage in her drawing "career" where she distinguished herself from the rest of the family by using brown marker/crayon for her hair. It was helpful for the rest of us to identify her in a drawing even if it is a distinction without much of a difference in real life.  Hee hee. 



14 comments:

Aubree said...

Oh my gosh, how stinkin cute is that little girl??! Amelie not your cut out silly!!

Michelle said...

Awww... this is so cute!!! I love that Pebbles line too. Such adorable photos! Congrats on the publication! ...and I see your Vikes won this weekend!! Yay!

alexandra s.m. said...

Comme ta page est jolie et j'ai beaucoup aimé cette petite anecdote au sujet de ton adorable fille ;-)

Virginia L. said...

Totally adorable! You have used the Cricut so beautifully! That's something I need to learn and strive for...so many goals, so little time :)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cute, cute page! Love the paper and design and love that Cricut cut. Matches those adorable photos so well!

Keri said...

Adorable paper piecing with the Cricut, perfect to match the photos of your little cutie!

Deana said...

So cute...congrats on the pub! And too cute about the brown crayon/marker. :-)

Karen B. said...

I think YOUR girl is adorable, but your cricut girl is too!

Charlene said...

So cute!!! I love how shes holding the three, adorable!! and the page is sooooo cute, I love the colors in that line!!

Nathalie said...

Adorable, the photos and the page! I find printing as I go much more flexible in terms of photo sizes and design...

Melinda said...

I can fully understand the backlog of photos :)
Such a beautiful little three year old and your layout is gorgeous too!

Kim said...

what cutie patootie photos....love the clean fresh design!

Courtney K said...

super cute and love how she is holding the 3 in the photo!

Alice Wertz said...

sweetness! adorable photos and such a cute layout, Jing-Jing! congrats on the publication, too!