Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Good Good Life

Saturday morning and having finished a Tabata class and a Cardio Kick class, I am really quite tired. The fitness challenge at work is out of control!  My team averaged 3.5 hours of workout per day per person last week.  This means some of my teammates are pulling some serious weight because I only managed 2 hours per day last week and I was second to last place :)

The question of "how do you find the time" always arises.  It's pretty easy: go to work for 9 hours, grab a bite to eat for dinner, kiss the children goodbye, head to the gym for three hours (including going to, from, and shower), get home to kiss the children goodnight, and collapse.  In other words, one needs a very supportive spouse or somehow get rid of the children, lol. Obviously this is not a sustainable way of life, but for seven more days, let it be!  One thing is for sure, at the end of it all, I'll either be a sore winner or sore loser. lol.

Onto scrapbooking... I am very excited to share this CHA layout I created using The Good Life collection from Fancy Pants Designs.  My parents were very pleased with the whole thing and particularly of the photo :)  Both said that anyone who has gone to school in China recognizes this tower because Galileo's famous experiment demonstrating that objects of different mass fall at the same speed.  Indeed I had learned about this experiment but I just thought it was some tower :) I thought the Leaning Tower of Pisa is famous because it leans, and not because of some physics experiment :)

Here is a close-up photos showing a few details in this layout.  I layered the title onto some chipboard pieces from previous collections by Fancy Pants. The Leaning Tower of Pisa cut was purchased from the Silhouette store and it's such a great accent!  I actually cut out the bicycle from paper and re-layered it onto the same polka dot background so it mostly looks blended into the background. Of course, always remember to use 3-d adhesives to add dimension!  

Thank you for stopping by to check on my status :) I am headed out to First Born's swim meet this p.m..  Hopefully I will also add a point or two in the fitness challenge department. As DH puts it: I'm a maniac, maniac, that's for sure; and I'm working like I've never worked out before...  Such a true statement in fact!


17 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow you are on a workout kick!!! Glad you are enjoying it. Your page is wonderful. I love all of the layers and embellies.

Deana said...

Your "have a supportive husband or somehow get rid of the children" comment literally made me laugh out LOUD. So funny. Awesome page, as always!!

curlyqmosaics said...

Amazing layout! I love how you created the title and the repetition of all the dots/circles on the page. Very cool info about the leaning tower of Pisa. You learn something new everyday, thanks for sharing! :)

Beth Hallgren said...

First: I love the crackle background paper. Second: Your parents look so happy in the photo :) And third...you are crazy!

Karen B. said...

Your class sounds like a lot of work. Any chance that it will motivate me? No, probably not! Your page is so much fun, love the colors and the patterns.

Nathalie said...

You're killing me every time I read about your crazy fitness challenge! I need to look up Tabata class, as I have no clue what that is about!!! Enjoyed checking out your latest creation too! I like all the different dimensions you've added with pop dots.

Kim said...

I love how you have layered the words over the banner!!

Virginia L. said...

Darling photo of your parents at the Pisa Tower! BEAUTIFUL use of the Fancy Pants products! You always come up with amazing layout time after time! I wish I have your work out spirit! MUST RUN now...

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great page, Jing-Jing! I bet it was a bit hard to get the photo straight with the Leaning Tower LOL Glad you are enjoying your workout but doubly glad that it's not me! y little walk will do me fine :)

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, you make me smile! Now I've got that song stuck in my head. ;) Way to go on your fitness challenge. I think the 2 hours per day that you're pulling is uh-mazing! And LOVE your layout! Fabulous photo, for sure. Love the banner and love that leaning tower die cut. So totally perfect for this!

Angi said...

What a fabulous page. I really love the bicycle!

alexandra s.m. said...

Complètement fofolle Jing Jing! mais j'espère que tu vas gagner!!

Ta page est superbe et cette photo est très tendre.

Charlene said...

My gosh! Does the working out give you more energy, or poop you out? I really love this page...the title with the banner is awesome!!

Debbie said...

I love the new collection by FP! Can't wait to get my hands on it! Love your use of it on your layout! Love all of the layering and the title rocks!!!

Alice Wertz said...

you are amazing to keep up with the exercise challenge, girl! still cheering you on! =) love the details of the page. super work as always!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Way to go, Jing-Jing. You are so disciplined. Love this layout--awesome colors and design!

Christie Bryant said...

Seriously awesome layout!!! Love every inch!