Monday, August 27, 2012

The Color Room 125 and Baptism

It really has been forever since I posted a Color Room layout.  Recently the decision was made to relocate to Facebook and leave the Ning site to not have to continue paying the annual fees.  I might have to Facebook a little more as a result.

This palette is a prelude to fall which is right around the corner for us.  The kids are getting ready for school and we can't wait either.  At least we have already finished shopping for school supplies this year so we are on the ball! :)

A couple of years ago, we won some tickets to an apple orchard at a silent auction at school.  The picture was from that outing.  I really liked this photo in particular. Luck would have it, there is a wheel in the Silhouette online store, perfect for this page! 
Here is a close-up of the wheel and the various frames on my page.  It took me nearly two weeks to get this page finished.  It never ceases to amaze and depress me just how quickly skills get rusty! The same goes for physical exercises and many other things!

Yesterday I was baptized in a Lake Baptism service.  I've been "trying" to go through this important ritual since the day I decided to follow Jesus 22 years ago.  It sounds weird to say that it never worked out previously.  Back in Senegal, I didn't have a church or a pastor.  I believe the thought at the time was that only an ordained pastor could perform the baptism.  During my college years, I did not have a car to be attending a church on a consistent basis and most churches require a course over a period of time for you to receive this service.  Then for many years, it just was not all that important.  After all, while baptism is a public declaration of faith, it is not a required element to be a Christian.

I have a few pictures that I will post later this week.  Speaking of this week, I'm taking some time off for school orientations and other fun activities. We might even attend the Minnesota State Fair.  I will be going under protest but the kids would love it. :) 


16 comments:

Aubree said...

The wheel might be rusty but your skills certainly aren't! I love the layered tags as well as your choice of papers!!

Nathalie said...

Even though I don't want to be thinking about Fall quite yet, I love your page! The positioning of your elements in your designs is always so right on! Trés belle page!

Michelle said...

This is a fabulous page! I love all the elements. You may feel like you are rusty, but it certainly doesn't show. Though, I do know the feeling all too well. We braved the MN state fair yesterday. Oh my!! Wall to wall people! It was CROWDED!!! Have a great time!!

Charlene said...

Congrats on getting Baptised!!! I really love the colors of this palette and your page is so cute!! Love the wheel to tie into the picture!

Angi said...

Love your gorgeous page! And what a BLESSING it is to be baptised!!!!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful layout, the colors are so pretty.

Beth Hallgren said...

In love with this one Jing Jing!Those transparencies stump me and I see you've figured them out :)Great layering and color palette.

Kim said...

lovin that layered cluster near the photo, an unusual colour combo but you have done a gorgeous job!

Christie Bryant said...

What a fantastic layout! I love the wheel, so cool!
Congratulations of your Baptism, how wonderful!

Lisa Dorsey said...

WOW congratulations on your baptism Jing-Jing! That is so exciting! Love your layout. It is absolutely perfect!

Deana said...

Congrats on your Baptism... what a special moment for you!

Love the beautiful page. That wheel is way cool!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, I love Fall colors! This palette is right up my alley! Love your layout, Jing Jing. That photo is so cute. Love that you found that perfect die cut wheel to go along. And love all the layers frames and bits and bobs.
Huge congrats to you on your baptism! What a special moment for you, finally, after all this time!

Keri said...

Love the Autumn palette and the layering of labels on the CR layout...and in the post below, the kung fu photos I am just in LOVE with! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

superbe ta page et j'aime tout particulièrement ce "layering" ;-))

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a fantastic page. I love Fall color, so this had my attention right off the bat. Great layering and as always, fabulous photos! Congrats on your Baptsim, one of those mile markers in our Christian walk. Have a great week off.

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful fall colors and a beautiful layout, Jing-Jing! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)