Monday, August 6, 2012

Inspire, Motivate, Challenge

These words may seem a little cliche but they come to mind when I see these two women.  There would be a scrapbook page or two coming in the future if I could ever tear myself away from the gym (and the Olympics for now).  Ideally, they'd be in their workout suits and posing with weights, steps and what-nots.  In reality, I just couldn't bring myself to bring a camera and spring it on them right before a class asking them to pose for me.  They are, after all, getting ready to inspire, motivate and challenge me as they do their jobs.

I wonder what it is like to have a job that directly impacts people in such positive ways.  I wonder if they realize just how much people admire and idolize them.  I suppose the evidence is in the groupies who travel with them to different Ys.  Goodness knows that I do. I even pick my days off based on their teaching schedules.  Sure it is obsessive but Obsessiveness is one of my middle names. Even so... the Fitness Challenge at work has me exhausted at the moment. I have found my limit: two classes every day is too much.  Thankfully, only twelve more days to go!
Photobucket
I also have a card to share using Fancy Pants' Time for Spring collection.  It's a very unique project because the golden heart is made out of wax.  I melted the chunk of golden wax onto the negative of a chipboard heart to create it. The Sizzle Dual Temperature Craft Iron and 6 Tips from Purple Cows is a great tool for encaustic work. It is a very interesting experience to work with wax, the texture is so incredibly unique, and every piece would be different from the next!

And of course, I added a butterfly pin onto the card right above the sentiment.  I melted the wax a little with the craft iron, just enough to insert the pin. Again, check out the texture of the wax heart. I could have played with the melting and shaping forever! 
That wraps things up for this post. I think it's going to be a lovely and challenging day today.  Have a wonderful day and start of the week! 

15 comments:

Charlene said...

Adorable card Jing Jing, and you inspire me...to get my fanny off the couch lol! :-)

Nathalie said...

Ooh, I love the texture of that heart and the colors of your card! Pretty result! Great job on the challenge but two classes per day sound a bit much for me too!!!

Beth Hallgren said...

You make me tired just listening to you! LOL! What inspired you to work with wax? Love the results :)

Kim said...

how cool does that heart look AMAZING!

Audrey Pettit said...

There is no way on earth I could do two fitness classes per day! I haven't been good about going to the gym period this summer. :( That is amazing that you are so dedicated.
Really love your fun card! Such cute papers and that heart is SO eye catching! How cool to play with the wax like that. The texture is just out of this world!

Audrey Pettit said...

There is no way on earth I could do two fitness classes per day! I haven't been good about going to the gym period this summer. :( That is amazing that you are so dedicated.
Really love your fun card! Such cute papers and that heart is SO eye catching! How cool to play with the wax like that. The texture is just out of this world!

Angi said...

I need some of your motivation so that I can get moving more. I'll be hitting the gym today. Wish me luck. LOL
Love your card...especially that heart!

Deana said...

Well this post made me smile big time. You're a cool, cool girl, Jing-Jing Nickel!

alexandra s.m. said...

Ta carte est magnifique et j'ai beaucoup aimé le ton personnele de ton post aujourd'hui. Merci d'avoir partagé ça aussi ;-))

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love that heart ... the wax looks awesome! No work out classes for me but I am walking every day .. even in this heat .. whew .. sweat some calories off .. lol

Alice Wertz said...

really like the texture from the wax, so unique! super card, Jing-Jing! i am here cheer you on for your exercise challenge! =)

Christie Bryant said...

So proud of you! You must be in such amazing shape right now!!!
Love the card too, the wax is so cool!

Sweet Fairy said...

This is so nice card, I am a designer of Plastic business cards but you have inspired me. Your design is looking so great. I like it.

Stephen Jhon said...

This is gorgeous. Beautiful design. You should explore your skills of designing by joining any Plastic cards printing and designing company. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie Rockwell said...

This card is STUNNING!