Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Hobby

I picked up some new papers at Archiver's last week and made this grand experiment of a layout. My judgement: too busy :)

It's just as well since "busy" is how I would characterize this other hobby of mine.  I mean it is all consuming and more consuming than scrapbooking at this moment!  My parents took the kids to friends' house last Tuesday and that meant an extra hour at the gym for DH and me.  I took a vacation day last Friday and that meant following my favorite instructor to another YMCA to take her class.  Obviously, it is really important to me right now. I just am not sure how long I can keep it up but let's worry about that later. 

I continue enjoying using my Cameo for various cuts.  Both the edged circle and these numbers are cut with the Cameo.  Even the rectangle for the off-centered journaling was cut after it was printed.  Obviously I did not line it up well for the cutter :)  
I am still purging!  It has slowed down significantly now that the obvious piles have been tackled. I find dealing with contents in boxes is a lot harder than messy piles.  I mean, the stuff is already in the box, what's the harm in leaving it there for now?  I am talking about stuff that are years old and obviously never used! Sigh...  Oh look at the time... off to the Y!  And tomorrow, Olympics!  

16 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Could you send some of those exercise vibes my way! I exercised the other day...I went and bought some new tennis shoes :)

Michelle said...

I think the paper goes well with the theme of your page!!! I am glad you are enjoying your classes at the Y. As for me for exercise.. it is a nightly walk around our isolated little neighborhood, which is all of about 2 miles round trip.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great page .. and not too busy for me! I love mixing patterns! The hubby and I have been walking every evening for about 3 months now and I am really enjoying that .. even in the heat. But that's about the extent of that hobby for me! LOL

Deana said...

LOVE this so much. Also love that you love your instructor so much, you'd follow her anywhere. Definitely the sign of a great instructor! :-)

Denise Price said...

It's busy in a GOOD way, because it reflects the theme of your layout.

I'm excited about the Olympics too. At the rate you're going, with your exercise, maybe we'll see YOU in the Olympics one of these days. :)

Charlene said...

My daughter is obsessed with working out too...She rides 20 to 26 miles a day on her bike and goes to the gm and that is a priority and i think thats great! She is trying to get me off my duff with no luck as of yet :-)

Debbie said...

Love the colors and mix of papers! Like you I am also going through my stash. Seems endless, doesn't it???
Enjoy the weekend!

Karen B. said...

I wish I could share your enthusiasm about exercise. Perhaps I just need to make the plunge and spend $ on a class. Your layout is fun, I like the business of it!

Keri said...

Love the cool circle/number strip down the right-hand side of the page...and definitely wish I could pop on over and take a group class with you, anytime! :)

Virginia L. said...

I don't think it's too busy!! It's a delight-filled layout if you ask me! There was a time when I was SUPER active in working out...sad to say that time came and is now long gone! I haven't kept up with my exercise routine--shame! Thanks for the reminder now!

Janine K said...

Oh please feel free to do my share of exercise as well!! The only thing busy about the LO is the papers. The design is perfect and not busy at all! Great LO!

Christie Bryant said...

Those endorphins are amazing, right? I'm glad you're enjoying your exercise. Now, if I could be as addicted as you. :)

Kim said...

well I love everything that you do...so its perfect for me!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love it! Fabulous mix of patterns and papers, Jing Jing! And good for you for the exercise bug. I joined a gym last November, but have a hard time getting myself too motivated. :)

alexandra s.m. said...

C'est génial d'avoir fait une page sur ton obsession ou besoin! Moi je te dis BRAVO! J'aimerais bein avoir la meme ;-) et puis tu arrives très bien à te remettre dans le bain du scrap alors pourquoi se poser trop de questions!

Alice Wertz said...

it's a busy layout, but you still framed the image pretty well. awesome work as always, Jing-Jing!