Tuesday, July 31, 2012

He Was a Little Sport

Fancy Pants Designs released an absolutely adorable collection Little Sport for the sportsmen and sportswomen in our lives.  My favorite thing about this collection are the balls: baseball, soccer balls, basketballs, and footballs.  They have the most whimsical touches to them and are seriously adorable!

Also adorable is DH in Little League :)  This collection was worthy for me to dig into the pile of precious childhood photos of DH that my mother-in-law gave me. 

I love Loni Stevens' designs in the Silhouette store. Judging from various blogs I read around the blogsphere, many scrappers share my sentiment as I have seen her signature handwriting adorning many fantastic pages out there :)  Here is a close-up of the title of the layout.  It's also very easy to create a shadow to mat the words, though I don't often do such matting, it sure is nice to have that flexibility when needed.

My family has been watching a lot of Olympics and particularly enjoy the less well-know sports in the daytime coverage. Tomorrow, my department kicks off its first fitness challenge. The goal is to have the highest average per person in hours spent in fitness for 17 days.  I have been asked to join a team and our fearless leader works out 3-5 hours a day and I'm not exaggerating. LOL.  So I am going to need to step up my game if but for the next 17 days.  Let the games begin!

12 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Batter up! Love those baseballs...now I have to add another collection to my list :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! What a stunning layout, Jing Jing! One of my most faves of yours! That new collection is adorable. Love all the patterns and love the great title work....and those balls! They look like they're moving down the page and popping out at you. How fabulous is that??

Nathalie said...

Ooh, a boyish page from Jing-Jing!! :) This is adorable! Good luck on the challenge, I can not imagine wanting (or having the time) to work out 5 hours a day!!!

Charlene said...

You hit this page out of the ballpark!!!! Awesome jing jing!!!

Denise Price said...

Aw, what a sweet LO about your husband's Little League days. Funny thing, I blogged about my husband's childhood today too. :)

That sports collection looks like one I might have to pick up...I've taken countless soccer, baseball, and basketball photos this summer.

Karen B. said...

Great masculine layout, is it different switching gears from your girls?

alexandra s.m. said...

J'adore ta page et cette photo est absolument adorable ;-)) J'aime beaucoup les J.O mais pas du tout le "coverage" de NBC!!

Deana said...

3-5 hrs a day?! I might spend that much time crafting, but not working out...unless it's like an annual 3-hr Zumbathon or something. Good luck with that! The page ROCKS. Love the title work. Cute collection!

Kim said...

totally lovin how you have scattered the balls around the layout!

Angi said...

Super fun. Love the baseballs on the page.

Alice Wertz said...

that is a precious photo indeed and you made a handsome layout with it! hope all goes well in your games! =)

Christie Bryant said...

Such an adorable layout! Your hubby is so cute in his bb photo!
xoxo