Saturday, July 7, 2012

Congrats Banner - Fancy Pants

Happy weekend everyone! With July 4th on a Wednesday, I took a couple of days off and had a mini-staycation! We saw two movies in the movie theaters. That's two years worth of movie-going in a matter of three days for me!  I must say Madagascar 3 in 3D was thoroughly entertaining! Polka dot, Polka dot, Afro!

Now that it's over, I am officially buried under a lovely box of Fancy Pants Designs papers, hot off the press!  Have you see the new CHA releases preview on the blog? I seriously look forward to creating some projects and sharing them here soon!  So far, I have cut into the Good Life, a totally fresh collection with a very current look to it. I created a layout with it that even my parents approve! They should since it was a photo of them, hee hee.

Meanwhile, I made a banner for a co-worker's daughter's high school graduation that was posted on the Fancy Pants blog last month.  The Off to School collection with Fancy Pants artisan chipboard banner pieces make the whole project easy to coordinate and assemble. Apparently the graduate was delighted with the sketcher shoes on the banner because they were her favorite.  My friend asked me "How did you know?"  I did not, but obviously paper designers at Fancy Pants Designs know what is hip, hop and happening in the world of fashion and patterns! lol.


Today the temperature is finally at a manageable level!  We are very thankful because First Born had an outdoor swim meet and we did not all bake to death!  Granted I was hardly there since I was scrapbooking but DH was a volunteer timer for the whole meet.  So now it's time to kick back, relax and enjoy some pizza for dinner!  And again, happy weekend!

16 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Love the banner! Gotta get me some of thet word search paper :)

Michelle said...

Love your banner!!! I too am glad for the break in the temps. We chose the wrong day to drive down to Maiden Rock blueberry picking. We should have gone today vs. yesterday. Oh, it was HOT! Glad you found a little scrappy time. I need to do the same.

Pearl said...

wow wow wowee, grrll ! that's one great awesome banner ! so sorry to hear about the too hot weather !!!

I've been catching Imax 3D movies here too ! Amazing spiderman !!! looks like I'm hooked on them for now ! ;)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Amazing banner ... I have to admit to never making one but really should. They look so festive! Glad to see you scrapping a bit for yourself .. or your friends LOL Great colors and I bet it makes a hit at the graduation!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a cool project! You are so clever!

alexandra s.m. said...

Elle est superbe ta bannière Jing Jing!
On ne peut pas trop se pleindre du temps, en Europe c'est pluie-pluie-pluie depuis 3 mois!!

Christie Bryant said...

Fantastic banner!!!!!!! I love the way you photographed it. I have such a hard time photographing banners.

Nathalie said...

I always like banners and yours is no exception! Well done Miss Jing-Jing! Hope you're getting cooler weather soon!

Kim said...

love it Jing Jing...the buttons just add that little bit extra!!!

Alice Wertz said...

really cool project and i love how you connect each banner. how do you keep the ribbon together? it didn't look like you thread it through the whole banner, right?

Charlene said...

Awesome mini banner Jing Jing!!! I went and saw Brave instead of Madagascar, but glad to know its entertaining!!!

Karen B. said...

Oh goodness, how fun and festive is this! The way you've used patterned paper is amazing, because it still looks uncluttered and clean!

Virginia L. said...

Loving all the Fancy Pants goodness! What a great banner for grad party!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

What a fantastic banner!!! So perfect - totally gorgeous!!! I've made one banner and I so enjoyed it! I love the term you used "Staycation" - I've never heard it before! It's great!!! :)

Angi said...

This banner is sooo fun!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous banner, Jing Jing! Love the mix of papers and goodies, and really smiled over the shoes comment!
Sounds like you guys are enjoying your summer break!