Monday, July 2, 2012

Beach Down the Boardwalk

After nearly three months of absence from Archiver's, I stopped by and found a few adorable collections to purchase. We R Memory Keepers is one of my favorite companies whose products are irresistible as far as I'm concerned.  I came home with many sheets of paper from the Down the Boardwalk collection and went to work immediately.  I feel out of practice because this is only the second layout I have done this year that is not for any design team.  That couple of months of non-stop reading really put a damper on everything else in life, lol.
Photobucket

PhotobucketI used some well treasured October Afternoon stickers on this layout.  Does anyone else have to talk herself into use beloved stash? On the one hand, my scrapbook room is exploding with my stash and on the other, I have such a hard time parting with the stash!  Big sigh.  I also put my Cameo to good use with a machine cut title designed by Loni Stevens.  I absolutely love everything she has in the Silhouette store and I will have them all eventually with my subscription :)

I have a little short break from work coming up around the 4th of July holiday.  The oppressing heat means a lot of time indoors and scrapbooking, lol.  Here's to hoping at least.  Have a wonderful July 4th if you celebrate this American holiday!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

This sure is super cute!!! I know what you mean about needing to use, but have a hard time using our scrap stash. I am the same way. Those little OA embellies are perfect!!
Stay cool!! It is and will be a scorcher for the rest of the week. My A/C sure is getting a workout. Poor hubby has been out in the yard hooking up a sprinkler system. Happy 4th of July!!

Deana said...

That is ADORABLE! And that's too funny that it's only the 2nd page you've made this year that wasn't DT related. You really MUST stop reading! LOL

Virginia L. said...

Perfect photo and you chose the perfect elements to go with it!! Love love the vintage image and how you paired it with the theme! Hope you get scrappy during the break from work! Happy 4th of July!

Denise Price said...

I'm glad you had a chance to do some just-for-fun scrapping.

Stay cool and have a great 4th!

Blossom inch said...

Very nice page babe...she is all grown up and beautiful like you.

Blossom inch said...

Very nice page babe...she is all grown up and beautiful like you.

Beth Hallgren said...

Love the soft vintagy feel the misting gives it and those embellies are so cute! e are in a full fledge drought here, the ground is cracking! If we didn't have a well all my gardens aould be gone :(

Karen B. said...

Happy to hear that you got to go shopping and play! What a great and fun layout.

Nathalie said...

I hope you are enjoying your 4th of July day off! Your page is so very well designed!

alexandra s.m. said...

Je l'aime beaucoup ta Page Jing Jing et je peux t'assurer que tu n'as absolument pas perdu la main ;-))

Linda Beeson said...

Such a cute little combination, LOVE beach pics.

Aubree said...

Hey, I recognize that beach! When are you coming to visit again? :). Love the design Jing-Jing...and I may have to get some of those papers!

Courtney K said...

what a fun page - love those polka dot clouds!

Audrey Pettit said...

Really beautiful layout, Jing Jing! I haven't seen this paper line, but I can tell I'm going to be looking for it next time I head to Archiver's! Love the beach title cut. Such a pretty font. And the OA stickers are just perfect here. :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

I feel your pain about parting with your stash, but when a layout comes along that is perfect for that thing you've been saving, then it was meant to be, and that's definitely the case with this page! Just love it!

Alice Wertz said...

good to know that i am not the only one that has trouble using some beloved stash! =) i do try to use them though since we don't have infinite space and i am still getting more... that's really bad, right? =) really fun summery layout. really like looking at all the details. hope you had a wonderful 4th!