Friday, June 8, 2012

Making Cards

I have a few cards to share today.  The first one is made with Front Porch Kits' Sew Artsy kit.  I posted a peak a while ago and never showed the "full frontal view" if you will.  Obviously Mother's Day has passed, so can everyone just squint and pretend that it says "dad" instead?  Fathers sew too!  Mine does, much much better than my mother in fact.  Don't ask why I am completely inept in all these life/home economics department.  I had to study! 

The idea behind this card was to use all the elements in the Sew Artsy kit that are sewing themed.  I hung the little banners on the clothe hangers, used the wooden spools as dividers between the hangers, and the button pins to pin the clothe line onto the paper. It's a bulky little card but cute enough! 
Next I have a couple of cards using Doodlebug's new Fancy Frills and Teensy Type stickers. Here I just used a 1/3 sheet of the Teensy type stickers for the background on the card.  It does take some careful peeling and applying... You can sort of see at the bottom where some of the letters and numbers got out of place and had to be applied with tweezers :)
And one more card before I go.  In the spirit of the theme of "A to Z" I created this card.  I do love that adorable Doodlebug font. Of course it comes in all the doodlebug colors!  Way too cute, eh?  That is it from me and I hope you will have a wonderful Friday and weekend ahead of you!

18 comments:

Rhonda Merry said...

TOO Cute!!! Love the use of the whole letter sticker sheet. :D

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, your cards are SO adorable, Jing Jing! Love them all! The banner you made for the Mom/Dad card is fabulous. So love those little spools and hangers. And what fabulous ways to use the alpha stickers. LOVE!

Nathalie said...

Beautifully done and always so clever :) Have a great weekend!

Denise Price said...

Super creative cards! I especially love the way you turned the tags into banner pieces on the first card. And I love how you used a whole alphabet on the second. And how sweet is that third one! You rocked these.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Adorable cards Jing Jing! Love the bright colors on the last ones and adore the shabby feel on the first.

Janetcraft said...

Hi Jing Jing, so cute cards..my son would love it and would ask you to make one for him...!
colors are fun!

liana suwandi said...

berry berry cute!!!!

Karen B. said...

I always enjoy seeing cards you make, because to me they are interpreted like you've made a mini layout-perfection!

Beth Hallgren said...

Adorable cards :) Especially love the clever I*heart*U one!

Deana said...

Ummm..love, love the little hangers! Cute cards!

Courtney K said...

such clever cards!! love the hangers and spools on the 'mom' card. and using all those letter stickers and the sentiment is such a great idea! and finally the doodlebug card is way too cute!

Sandi Cl~ said...

You are the queen of clever ideas, I swear! Love how you've used the tiny alphas .. great idea!

Izzy Anderson said...

All your cards are perfecly fun and lovely. I especially like the "Father's" Day one. The use of the sticker sheet on the last one is awesome! Cuteness!

alexandra s.m. said...

argh! you are such a good and fun card maker Jing Jing!
Je les aime toutes ;-))

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful details on the first card and i just adore the last two! love the cute font and such clever designs! fabulous cards, Jing-Jing!

Christie Bryant said...

Fantastic cards!!! Love them!!

Kim said...

that bottom one is my fav, i love the pops of pink red and lime!

Virginia L. said...

CUTE! These are my type of cards :)