Monday, June 11, 2012

Fancy Pants - Time for Spring

I admit it... I am really tired... This working out every day thing gets exhausting.  I am also quite sick and tired of my clothes.  I am way to cheap to actually buy workout clothes, so it's in many ridiculous tech t-shirts, many of them way over-sized, that I jump around like a maniac. LOL.  I look upon my fellow classmates with a certain amount of envy.  They all look so good in their form fitting athletic wear. In contrast, I look pathetic!  It does motivate me to jump just a little higher: you can't judge the exerciser by her old t-shirts! LOL.

Now onto scrapbooking, a less physically demanding hobby...  Have you seen Fancy Pants Designs' newest collection: Time for Spring?  The floral, teacups, gingham are absolutely delightful! I think the modern design of this collection really appeals to me.  There's nothing shabby chic about it, nothing grunge about it, nothing antique about it, in other words, it's very much my style.

The frame for the photo is a die-cut in the collection.  It fits exactly for a 4x6 photo.  I needed something to pair with it, so I cut a a label using my cameo and used it for the title eventually.  Isn't it almost a perfect match for the Fancy Pants' die-cut?

I also love the new letter stickers that accompany this collection. They are smaller than the previous Fancy Pants' letter stickers, so I get a lot more letters!   

Here she is, looking so adorable in her red bandana.  Not much more I want to say about it.  Owl cute!

15 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

that is such an adorable photo! =) very cute layout and you are right, this is a fun and whimsical collection! love what you did with it!

Christie Bryant said...

Such an adorable layout!! She looks so precious!!
Your comment about w/o clothes was so funny. I don't think it matters what you're wearing if you're working as hard as you do!
:)

alexandra s.m. said...

Trop mignon...j'adore cette photo aussi et puis tu m'as fait rire encore une fois!

teacher jessy said...

Hahaha. Love ur tee story! I so love that layout, such a pretty one!

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so cute, Jing Jing! Love the photo and title labels and love how you used the buttons. Such pretty papers and little red riding hood, too!
I'm smiling over your workout story. And I have to tell you......I wear old junky tees to work out in, too. No fancy gear for this old girl!

Charlene said...

Love your page! The colors and so wonderful and love the red hood too :-) All I can say about you, is I envy you to work out everyday and who cares about the clothes, I bet you look great! I work with a lady who is almost 60 and she looks 45 maybe....she is in better shape then I'll ever be and she works out ever day. So, keep up the good work!

Izzy Anderson said...

Darling page! I hadn't seen this collection. Love your matching die cut label. CUTE. I love those alphas too. I need alphas anonymous, I think. Smaller alphas are my thing! Great page. Cute pic too. Re: the old tees. That sounds smart to me; frees up more money for paper crafting. :)

Deana said...

You KNOW you spend way more money on crafting supplies than you could ever spend on work-out gear. Here's a tip... Target has the low-end Champion line. Very inexpensive & holds up GREAT! I buy their stuff all the time! But t-shirts work just as well! :-)

Love, love the page... and the cute photo too!

Karen B. said...

What an adorable photo of your girl, and of course the layout is amazing too!

Debbie said...

What a sweet photo! Love the cute little tea pot with the button!!!

liana suwandi said...

so so cute JJ, I love how you did it :)

Angi said...

I really need to start working out myself. Your page is sooo super adorable!

Stephanie Buice said...

Very cute LO!!!!
I didn't know you were on the cover of the create mag! So awesome I am going to have to make sure I go back and look at that one. I was on the cover of the CARDS december 2011 issue. I like that we have that in common. Go Jing-Jing!

Denise Price said...

This is adorable. The button on top the teapot is the perfect extra touch of cuteness...the cherry on top, if you will. :)

Virginia L. said...

At least you are still exercising. My NY resolution has gone out the window! YES, MY BAD! Love love your darling layout! (Maybe this summer I will get back to shape!?)