Monday, May 7, 2012

My Life Back!

Let it be said that when I do something, I do it wholeheartedly...  For the last eight weeks, I have been buried under the five books of the ongoing epic series of A Song of Ice and Fire.  Plowing through 4,500 pages in eight weeks have reduced me to a shadow of a scrapbooker emerging to create only when a deadline is looming!  I am both happy and sad to say that the quest has come to an end finally tonight.  I shall have free time again!  Maybe I will finally clean the bathroom or something!  The sad part is that now the long wait begins for the author to pen the next two books in the series.  I think I will scrapbook while waiting the next few years for him to write, lol.

Meanwhile, I squeezed in making this card this past weekend.  Gosh Doodlebug is just too cute to describe!!  I used the "hello spring" collection.  I also broke into the new Doodlebug stamps and ink pads!!  Those stamped balloons are so colorful and matches perfectly with the cardstock border sticker! 

I should mention that I actually had the balloons cut using my Cameo.  I had purchased the Make the Cut software a long time ago so I could trace an image and import it to cut.  I did that with these balloons, while they are not perfect, it sure beats having to hand cut them!  I hid the biggest imperfections behind the jewels I added :)

I have a few more close-up photos, tips and tricks that are on the Doodlebug's blog.  Now it's time for me to head to the sack, without a book in hand :)

10 comments:

Christie Bryant said...

Wow! You've really enjoyed reading! I've read a lot this year too, it's a goal of mine this year to read at least 2 books every month.
Your card is so adorable! I love it!!!

Alice Wertz said...

super duper cute card, Jing-Jing!! those balloons are super cute and love that the colors match the paper. so should i wait for the series to be finished to start reading? =) I'll have to check them out. thanks so much for sharing the adorable card!

Alia said...

Glad you're back! what an adorable and sweet little card!

sillypea said...

Great series - I just finished the last book too! Welcome back to the scrappy world...

Kim said...

awwww isnt that the cutest..

Charlene said...

I haven't picked up a book n about a month and I always read, but thats the problem...i don't DO anyhting else lol!!! But your card it so cute and I bet you miss scrapping!

Courtney K said...

congrats on finishing the series!! i think i have a crush on Jon Snow.

Virginia L. said...

Wow, that is an amazing feat that you read so much lately (I think I will pick up reading once my card-making virus died--LOL)! Love your cute card!! You make everything looks so easy!

Audrey Pettit said...

Well, it's good to have you back, Jing Jing! But I know what you mean about the books, and getting sucked into them. I go for long periods without reading at all, because I have the hardest time putting a book down once I start reading....and everything else falls apart. :)
Your card is adorable! Those balloons are just so happy and fun!

Deana said...

Ok... so I have no clue about that book series, but I personally have just finished Fifty Shades of Grey. Something tells me these are totally different in topic. LOL!

I can totally relate to becoming completely sidetracked & not creating though. I think that's a good thing... ;-)