Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

It's Memorial Day weekend already!  This means summer is here!  I declare it, lol.  The kids are just days away from summer vacation and I wish I could join them, lol. 

Last summer Second Child finally got used to the outdoor water sprinkler toy and wasn't afraid of it any more.  She was still ahead of her sister who had trouble with water on her face for the longest time! 

I used the Fancy Pants Summer Soul collection for this layout. The four photos were actually collaged using Picasa and printed as a 4x6 print.  I really love that Picasa feature to fit more photos onto a page like this. 

Here is a close-up photo of stamping onto a scallop border I cut out using my Cameo.  The stamp is a sunburst which I echoed with the glitter sunburst to the lower left corner of the layout. 
I also made a card using Fancy Pants' Be You collection.  I figured that it can be multi-purpose especially in this season of many graduations and birthdays in the the family. 

This is going to be a busy weekend for us.  My parents-in-law is moving to their new home and the whole family will be out and about helping them.  We are very pleased that this move has come to fruition so nicely for them.  In this housing environment, they were able to sell their place in one week is just fantastic!  Now they are one short mile away from us. The kids can bike through a park to get to them (when they are older), rejoice!  Perhaps we should get them a bunk bed as a house warming gift and attach two little girls onto the beds while we are at it! LOL. 

Have a wonderful Sunday and happy Memorial Day!

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute cute page!! I love the scalloped border and I too love Picasa for their collages and editing options. How nice to have your inlaws near by!! Enjoy the warm, but nice weather today after all the rain we have had.

Denise Price said...

Happy Memorial weekend!

Awesome stamping, collage, and celebratory banner.

Courtney K said...

totally love how you stamped on the scallop - awesome idea!

alexandra s.m. said...

je ris tout seule en lisant ces dernières lignes de ton post!!

Ta page est superbe et moi aussi j'ai déclaré que la saison estivale était officielement ouverte à partir d'aujourd'hui!!

Virginia L. said...

Love the cute photos! You can make any kits SHINE like nobody's business! You sure have it all covered (happy immigrants in residence and in-laws living nearby)!! Life is good :)

Karen B. said...

Wow, the patterns, the colors, the images....makes for a super page!

Beth Hallgren said...

Great photos JJ and I love the horizontal color blocking! How awesome that their Grandparents will be so close :)

curlyqmosaics said...

Beautiful layout and card! I love the design of the card especially, the colors are so eye catching!

Pearl said...

Great layout & card , hun! Trust Memorial Day weekend was more than good ! That's excellent news with your in laws moving so near to you !

Alice Wertz said...

i don't like water on my face either! i guess some people never grow out of it. =) really fun layout and a fab card, Jing-Jing! you are fabulous, girl! hope the move went well and it's so nice that they are living closer now!

Janetcraft said...

I love the big scallop kinda style!
it really outstands the whole layout! stamping with it, looks perfect idea..
What a Memorial Day!

Linda Beeson said...

Those goggle pics look familiar! What an adorable layout.

liana suwandi said...

very cute... happy memorial weekend JJ!

Deana said...

Sooo CUTE! I don't remember Bryn being afraid of water, but I imagine she must've been at some point. Always LOVED the sprinkler, though, and she still does!

Keri said...

Love the stamping, the handwritten journaling, and the collage 4x6 print!

Jona Panesa said...

its so lovely!!!

Patricia said...

so adorable page...

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful projects, Jing Jing! Love that photo collage you made of DD#2 and the water toy. The stamped scalloped border is fabulous, too. And I love the card. Fabulous banner!
How nice that your in-laws have moved so close to you. It's so nice to be near family. :)

Angi said...

Fabulous projects! I love how you used picassa for the collage. Must try that soon!

Christie Bryant said...

I'm in love with this layout!!!! SO darling!

Hope your in-laws move went smoothly!
xx