Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fancy Pants Summer Soul Chipboard Banners

I get to share a couple of layouts that were posted on Miss Fancy Pants a couple of weeks ago. The assignment was to use the Summer Soul Chipboard Banners in a couple of ways.

Banners continue to be all the rage in the scrapbooking world. Fancy Pants Designs answers this market demand with their Chipboard Banners! In one package, we get several different shapes of small banners that match the paper collection perfectly. The most obvious way of using these chipboard banners are indeed to use them as banner pieces. However, there are other ways to put this versatile product to use.




In this first layout, I created a scalloped border at the bottom of the page with the semi-circle banner pieces in the Summer Soul: Chipboard Banners.

I also added medium sized Fancy Pants Designs buttons to enhance dimension with another layer. Additional chipboard circles also accent the title of the layout. This will serve as a cover page of a vacation album.  Oh it's exciting to have gotten started with scrapping our Mexico trip already.  I usually wait months if not years waiting for goodness knows what and why!
In the second layout for the same Mexico album, I used the pendant chipboard pieces and used them as puzzle pieces. I cut one light blue piece into halves with exacto knife and altogether the six pieces create an interesting visual rectangle. Again, I accent the chipboard pieces with Fancy Pants Designs buttons. Me thinketh the buttons and chipboard pieces should live happily ever after! :)


Here you can see a close-up of the puzzle pieces using the chipboard banners.  I must say that how perfect the Summer Soul collection is for a tropical vacation album, especially for a mother with two girls! I hope you have found a couple of new ways to use the chipboard banner pieces, they are super fun and uber versatile!

10 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Gorgeous pages, Jing Jing! Love, love both these designs and love how you've used the banner chipboard! The scalloped border is fabulous, and I just adore the puzzle piece grid, too. And I agree, the buttons and the banners should live together forever!

Michelle said...

Very fun way to use the chip pieces! I love both pages. I too take forever to scrap vacation photos. LOL Two DW trips back in 2008 & 2009, barely done anything with my photos. Sad I know.

alexandra s.m. said...

En voyant tes belles pages, j'ai encore plus envie d'aller à la plage!
Thanks for the sunshine and yummy colors!
absolutely perfect pages in every way!!

Debbie said...

Love the banner/buttons on the first layout!! Fun layouts - bright colors and great pictures!!!

Kim said...

again you rock the design on these ones Jing Jing.....and answer yep I do use a typewriter much easier for me as my printer is upstairs and computer downstairs lol

Deana said...

Beautiful work as always! And banners are in??? Never made them...

jamie said...

omg!!! love the chipboard elements. your work is always so fresh and clean, girl. thanks for the inspo today.
~jamie

Nathalie said...

Lovely pages Jing-Jing! How smart is that rectangle made of banners?!! Really liking the colors!

Deana said...

Cute, cute, cute! And yay for cute banners!

Alice Wertz said...

what fun ways to use those chipboard banners! thanks for sharing those beautiful layouts and for the inspiration!!