Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sugar and Spice are My Girls...

I have a couple of projects to post today.  Both use the Sugar and Spice collection from Doodlebug.  It is an adorable collection, dripping cuteness...  I'm nothing if I'm not into squeak-worthy cuteness like this collection... eek eek eek!  At first glance, one might think it a collection best for baby girls, well, it's much more versatile than that. Granted, having two girls does make using this collection easy peasy :) 

I completely forgot to do a title for this layout!  I remember being really focused on and spending a lot of time in arranging the die-cut pieces onto the layout so they were visually balanced.  I briefly thought about the title, Girls and Dolls perhaps, but it is too late to add it now.  As I predicted in my journaling, once they were back from Mexico, these dolls have not been played with much.  Second Child does have a soft spot in her heart for all her "babies."  At least she rotates them in sleeping with her :) 
Since we are on the topic of cuteness redefined, I can't say enough about Doodlebug's Cardstock Stickers... In the case of Sugar and Spice, as you can see it here, it is darling! I think the colors in real life are much stronger than what you see online. I used the 6x6 paper pad and made this card with Doodlebug's create-a-card card base.  Seriously, how precious is that little girl's dress sticker eh?  I think this will make a nice addition to the fall United Way auction lot, especially considering the create-a-card comes with a set of matching envelopes!  I think I will charge extra for those, all for a good cause of course :) 

Real spring is making a come back here in Minnesota, lol.  We had frost yesterday and will probably have it again tonight...  DH's cherry trees are probably in mortal danger again.  Two years ago, the blossoms were all killed by a frost, what are the chances they will survive this year?  Sigh...

21 comments:

Charlene said...

NO Title? You are the best at Titles lol!! Well this is super adorable anyway, and love the card too :-) Spring hasen't made it's way here yet..rain,rain,rain!!

Angi said...

Awww what a sweet page. Love the photos too! :)

Virginia L. said...

Seriously CUTE!! I can't get over the yummy paper and photos in this post!

Beth Hallgren said...

What an adorable twosome :) Those diecuts are so cute and love how you mixed all the patterns perfectly. I just started as layout with these papers too :}

Karen B. said...

Wishing the best for those cherry trees! Your page and card are adorable!

Jona Panesa said...

these are so cute!!!

liana suwandi said...

awww this is so sweet and lovely, Perfect title :)

Nathalie said...

So girlie and cute!!! Very nicely done Jing-Jing!

Melanie said...

LOL. Titles are overrated anyway. Seriously, do we really need a title on every page? :)

Kim said...

I agree who needs a title!! love your design as always Jing Jing

Debbie said...

Such a cute collection and did you did a fab job with it on your layout!!! Great picture, as all of yours are always! Hope your cherry trees survive. We've also had very cold weather here in MD, and many frosty mornings. This weekend they are calling for warmer weather. Sunday is the 80's. Can't wait as I need to catch up on my weeding.

alexandra s.m. said...

C'est trop mignon!
J'aime beaucoup ta page "ultra fille"
ainsi que ta carte d'ailleurs

Bon week-end!

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is perfectly adorable!! I so love the bright colours!
We are moving into Spring here at the north of Europe,too.
Still, the night frost is doing my plants no good! I want it all to warm up properly and no more night frost!! Enjoy your week end!!

Audrey Pettit said...

You work this cuteness with magic, Jing Jing! How totally sweet are these? LOVE!

Christie Bryant said...

Love this paper, your layout is too cute!!! Your girls look adorable with their dolls.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Awww...now isn't that just the cutest! Your girls are so darling and sweet!

Patricia said...

Adorable....

Denise Price said...

Yes, cute is the word for that LO...cute, cute, cute!

Deana said...

YOU make the collection look adorable! Love the new page & card. And titles are totally over-rated... who needs them anyway? LOL

Alice Wertz said...

adorale photos and love the banners on the background. super cute layout. i think i have a stack of their tag stickers from way back somewhere in my stash. LOL! they are super cute! =) i adore your card, too. super design!

Yolanda Garrido said...

I was doubting if buying these collection but after these... I adore it! Your porjects look great!!!!!!! They are so sweet!!!!
Kisses from Spain!

scrapingtime.blogspot.com