Friday, April 6, 2012

Silver Lining - The Color Room 105

One day, when I look back to all my scrapbook pages, the types of pages where I capture a moment-in-time anecdote will be the most treasured for me.  A trip I am unlikely to forget, but these little things here and there... I might have and would have.

A month or so back, I played with some online tool and transformed this photo into orton-ish.  By that I mean, I clicked a couple of buttons and called it good. Now that feature is built into Picasa, it will be ever more easily accessible should I choose to alter my photos in the future.  I only transform/enhance photos occasionally, in this case, the photo was taken randomly and there are a lot of different competing colors, so I thought I would change it up a little bit.

Second Child and I played Uno one night, and as soon as I won the first round.  She jumped up and down singing "I win Second Place!  I win Second Place!"  Hilarious stuff.
The letters "Silver" is cut with a reflective silver piece of cardstock.  So when I hovered over the layout to photograph, it captured the fuschia color that I was wearing.  You can see the silver better in this close-up photo.  I read on 2peas that some people think that rubons are dying out, well, not for this lady, it isn't!  I used some 3Birds letter rubon for the title and loved every second of rubbing :) 
I should mention that most of the papers used here is a new collection by Teresa Collins called Everyday Moments.  It isn't something I would have picked out to buy if I had just seen it online, but the sublime colors took my breath away at Archiver's!  Here in this close-up, I added an Elle's tag and an OA butterfly.  Oh what fun it is to make a fun layout, lol.
It's Easter this Sunday.  With the wonderful weather, we will probably do some egg hunting outside.  Have a good Easter!  He is Risen.

17 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that color palette!!! Your layout is gorgeous, Jing Jing!! Yes, that line is fab! I bought most of the whole line when I was at the MOA not too long ago. And, I too, still love rub ons. ;)

Nathalie said...

I have not had the time to catch up on my blog reader lately but I wanted to stop by and let you know that your page is gorgeous! I love the colors and the work you did on the title! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful photo! Your elements really compliment it.

Kim said...

love your photo editing...I love picassa too, Oh and that shiny title is just perfect for the layout!

Jennifer Larson said...

That is such a charming story! What a perfect color combo to go with it. Such a beautiful LO!

Deana said...

Awesome story! What a little sweetie! Hope you have a very HAPPY Easter, Jing-Jing!

alexandra s.m. said...

Je comprends tout à fait ta réflexion!
Cette page et anecdote sont très précieuses et si joliment scrappée pour la postérité! Bravo jing Jing!!

Joyeuses Fetes de Paques!

Alice Wertz said...

that is a gorgeous photo! love the effect you added. very pretty layout and the reflective letters are so cool. i think i used to hoard rub-ons! i think i still have a stack of it in a drawer somewhere... Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend! =)

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous! I love the flow of the layout! Very inspiring you are, Jing-Jing!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, gorgeous! This layout is gorgeous, Jing Jing! I love every little inch. Fabulous paper, stunning color combo, lovely design. Love how you did the title and love the altered photo. I can see how it really toned down some of the clashing colors. That circle element with the stitched tag is beautiful. Love the fussy cut flowers, too.
A happy and blessed Easter day to you and yours, my friend!

teacher jessy said...

Oh that is just so precious. Great take on the color combo! Love your story as always!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Love the colors you chose to accentuate on this layout JJ! The resulting layout is so happy and gorgeous! Love it!

Keri said...

Love the flower cut-outs from the new TC, love the rub-on letters too, plus the layout-story is just so cute! Beautiful layout, Jing-Jing.

Patricia said...

gorgeous title for a beautiful page.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Aw, what a sweet story .. and you are so right in that it is these little things that we might forget or seldom think about that are so important. How cute of her! But there is nothing second place about the layout. Great colors and so "you. " Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Always love your visits.

Charlene said...

I LOVE the colors and your LO is gorgeous girl!

Christie Bryant said...

What a fantastic layout Jing-Jing! I LOVE it!!! I so love how you edited your photo, so fun to play with photos every once in awhile. I find myself doing it more and more these days. As for rub-on's, I still love, love, love them. I hope they never die.