Monday, April 16, 2012

ReKnew

For the Fancy Pants Designs' blog introduction of this pocket chick girl, yours truly, I created this layout. I used mostly the Beach Bum collection with a few chipboard pieces from the Be You collection.  I would have used a head shot photo but it just so happened that my previous blog project on the Fancy Pants Designs' blog was a photo of me and a page about me.  For for yet another "about me" layout, I decided to go a different route and scrap about something that is more personal than not (as if scrapbooking isn't personal otherwise? :) )

           Here is the journaling on the page and about me:
The Fall Bible study brought together a group of disparate women who were the most unlikely bunch to rekindle my desire to seek God.  When I questioned whether my faith was still on solid ground, my heart and all that is emotional within me confirmed it for me over and over again.  But there is no doubt that some contemporary theology does not make sense to me in this world.  As I reach out seeking, I’ve begun to read Dr. Greg Boyd’s God at War book. Subsequently, I have found that he is renaming his ministry to “ReKnew.” Just as he described it, I am one of the many hungry searchers out there: a thinker with legitimate questions that modern Christianity is failing to answer, and a believer who is increasingly uneasy with the inconsistencies in contemporary theology.  I can’t wait to see Jesus all over again as if for the first time: reKnew.
Dr. Boyd was a Theology professor where I attended college.  He is now the pastor of Woodland Hills Church.  His ReKnew ministry's website is in the process of being re-constructed otherwise I would provide you with a link.  The title for my layout and the design is taken from his new ministry's logo.  I am loving the ability to create/imitate a design and have it cut using my Cameo, fun stuff!

That wraps it up for me on this Monday!  Have a wonderful week!

15 comments:

Rhonda Merry said...

This is beautiful.

Keri said...

Love that you were able to take the logo and cut it as a title with your Cameo...think this might be the year I finally break down and order a diecutting machine! :) Love the close-up photo you've highlighted, and love seeing more all-about-me layouts, about YOU! :)

Alice Wertz said...

thanks for sharing a bit more about you. love that you think for yourself and is trying to find an answer. it's a beautiful layout. stopping tempting me with Cameo! =)

Karen B. said...

Such a powerful layout.

Aubree said...

What a fantastic photo...I love the size with that placement of your journaling. perfectly put together.

Kim said...

STUNNING photo and I love the simple design that allows it to shine!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful page, Jing Jing! Love that photo you chose and really love your design. The paper, the colors, the banner......love it all.

Charlene said...

WOW Jing Jing this is completely wonderful!!!!Thanks for sharing your wonderful story :-)

Christie Bryant said...

So totally amazing! I love that you shared this side of yourself. You're amazing!!!!

teacher jessy said...

what a powerful journaling there!! I love the topic for sure!! beautiful as always!

Patricia said...

very beautiful page...

Angi said...

Gorgeous page. Love the title. I just saw your fab projects on the SRM blog too. :)

Virginia L. said...

How amazing if your page...and your journaling is so heartfelt and sincere!! You have SO much talent, Jing-Jing!! Can you please email me some time through my blog? I had lost your e-mail address with my computer transfer last summer.

Deana said...

Love the title, love the journaling, love the photo... just awesome!

Lydell said...

Love this page JJ....