Sunday, April 1, 2012

It's April 1 and Winter is Coming

In my household, HBO has been ordered and DVR has been set, and Winter is Coming finally.  This all got started when we switched cable service and was offered a free trial of HBO sometimes last year.  We were able to watch the entire first season of Game of Thrones, and what a terrific and enjoyable season it was! 

But truth be told, I wasn't gaga until I dove into A Song of Ice and Fire with its first volume titled A Game of Thrones while vacationing in Mazatlan.  I am now half way through the third book of the series, and there is just not enough time in the day to get on with the reading!  This is why I try to avoid books because once I get sucked in, it's all consuming and no break!  Oh let the clashing begin tonight! :)
Enough about winter, war, kings, dragons, and Others... it's also April Fool's Day!  Are you planning any fun tricks?  We did a couple of years ago with this egg on toast snack for the kids.  I saw the idea on msn.com and it was easy enough to execute.  Pound cake, apricot, and some whipped cream... It looked real enough, but the kids weren't all that fooled, lol.  However it does make for a fun event to scrapbook!  Have a wonderful Sunday and happy April!
As seen in special issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine: Scrapbooking Holidays & Celebration. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

15 comments:

Aubree said...

You make those double spreads look so easy! Another fantastically executed layout!! The diecut embellishments are perfect and work so well with the papers!

Karen B. said...

That happens with me too on books! Your layout is too fun and cute!

Deana said...

First... LOVE the page. Could not be any CUTER!!

And yes... pulled a dumb April Fools joke that could only work on a 10-year old... and her dad at the same time... even though that part wasn't planned. I yelled, "You have a spider on you!!" to Bryn. She looked down & yelled, "WHERE?!!!" I said, "April Fools!" Then Bob said, "I think I just pooped my pants."

I about lost it!! Suffice it to say that I kill all the spiders in the house, as Bob is just a weeee bit afraid of them. LOL!

Pearl said...

hahaha ! now that is a yummy kind of Apr 1 trick !!!LOVE!!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

What an awesome double pager~ you are the best at making thes awesomely clean pages with just the right amount of embellies, No April Fooling around here .. just an afternoon at the ER .. but all is well now . whew~

Courtney K said...

I'm totally not into fantasy, but my husband is. So I was nice and watched the first season of Game of Thrones with him. I was totally enjoying it until the last scene - those dragons just were not believable. I am anxious to see if the Stark's take down that obnoxious little king.

Audrey Pettit said...

Can you believe that I never once thought about April Fools Day this year? Wow, didn't even realize until reading your post. :) Your 2-pager is adorable. Love that title work and love the succession of photos. Congratulations on your pub!

Kim said...

I totally suck at doubles but thi sone looks fabulous...it just looks so well designed LOVE IT!

Stacy Cohen said...

Anything that involves cake is my kind of April fools joke. Great page! I love the cluster and the angle.

alexandra s.m. said...

Rholalal...je ne connais meme pas cette nouvelle série et pourtant j'ai aussi HBO ;-S
Ta page est géniale et j'adore l'idée ;-)

Christie Bryant said...

Such a cute layout! Loving the "eggs on toast" looks like they really enjoyed it!

Charlene said...

Your pages and the way you group everything is so awesome!!! LOVE!!! My son is an April Fools Baby!! I always said the joke was on me lol!!!

Angi said...

Love your fabulous Easter page. Have a Happy Easter!

Patricia said...

very beautiful double layout...

Alice Wertz said...

yes, good books are difficult to put down. =) hee... love love the fake egg on toast trick! too funny! adorable layout, too!