Sunday, April 29, 2012

Baby Boy Cards

The week before last saw many of my recent creations with Doodlebug's Snips and Snail collection on the Doodlebug's blog as well as on SRM Stickers' blog.  I am finally finding some time to get them posted here.  I am feeling that making cards is a lot more fun recently than creating scrapbooking pages.  It's probably a time issue for me.  Still one more book to go in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, I've been consumed with reading for the last two months.  What a vice reading is!  LOL.  I have little time for paper crafting while mostly buried in the pages!  Notice the lack of posting on this blog?  Sigh.  lol.
 


This is probably my favorite card from the bunch.  I tried to be clever and braided the twine so it's thicker to "hang" my little tags.  I like the look but talk about time consuming braiding! LOL.  Oh my gosh, how adorable are these critters eh?  Doodlebug really has the cuteness market completely cornered.  Love love love!
Here's a close-up photo.  You can see the tags hanging off the braided twine better in this photo.  On top of the cardstock dots sticker is an SRM border sticker "oh baby."  The colors coordinate with the Snips and Snails collection so perfectly! 

Lastly, here is a card that I created for the SRM Stickers guest designer spot.  This time, I cut up the border sticker and used it as shown.  The pearls are new products in Doodlebug's line up.  I think they are elegant additions to every project!  Of course, the tried and true buttons, cute stuff all around!

I really had fun making these cards and I think they are all in the pin gallery for Doodlebug now.  It's time to go get some lunch and then hit the gym.  I know we all wish for more time in the day, especially on our days of "rest." :)  Have a wonderful rest of Sunday!

21 comments:

Keshet said...

JJ, these are ADORABLE! Fantastic designs!

Denise Price said...

Great cards! I especially like how you used the twine and the pearls.

As an English teacher, I must say that I wholeheartedly support your reading addiction. :)

Virginia L. said...

Aw... this is super duper cute!! I love the sweet colors and little buttons!I hope you get some time to scrap....although I must admit card-making can be more fun(speaking from a card-maker's point of view--LOL)!

Beth Hallgren said...

In love with the "A Star is Born" card! I'm having a hard time finding time to do anything but run back & forth to schools for track meets!

Deana said...

I think you've cornered the market on making CUTE CARDS! Love the braiding idea! :-)

Nathalie said...

Tes cartes sont adorables Jing-Jing! J'aime beaucoup les couleurs de cette collection!

Kim said...

woowowowowowow I love them all but that first one with the twine in a square i s just breathtaking!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Have you ever rocked the baby cards, Jing Jing! These are ALL SO stinkin' cute! Love how the braided twine turned out!

Angi said...

Super adorable boy cards. Love how you used the twine.

Karen B. said...

I've been looking to pick up a good book as of late, thank you for the recommendation! I really like seeing both your cards and layouts, and admire that you can do them both so well.

Charlene said...

The colors are awesome!! I love how you framed the card with twine, very creative!!!!! And the little string banner....can I say CUTE!!!!!

Alice Wertz said...

absolutely fabulous boy cards, Jing-Jing! LOVE the twine "frame" on the first and those tags are just the cutest!! love love them both!

liana suwandi said...

Awww what a cute card, love them all

teacher jessy said...

These cards are super cute!! You rock the cards for sure!

alexandra s.m. said...

J'adore tes cartes!
Très réussies te pleines de détails qui donnent des milliers d'idées! Merci <3

Melanie said...

Adorable cards! I love the doodlebug lines . . . the pearls are the perfect touch :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

What adorable cards Jing-Jing!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Such an baby adorable card. And many thanks for the well wishes!

Agata said...

I get that totally! These are truly beautiful and fun papers that scream CUTE all over! Lovely cards!

Christie Bryant said...

WOWZERS!!! These cards are fantastic!
I love what you did with the twine, how you hung all the little tags...all three cards are amazing!

Noah Fane said...

I like seeing your card making process. I really like seeing both your cards and layouts. I will try to make it. I impressed by that.

Cloth Diaper