Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cute Operator

Last year at Dutch Wonderland, Second Child rode these "baby" rides toward the end of the day. Why not, such good photo opportunities where things were moving slowly!  Lo and behold, aren't these photos perfect for one of Doodlebug's latest collection: Boys Only.  The colors are absolutely phenomenal if you ask me.  In hindsight, I probably should have covered up the gear patterned paper up with more gray.  I just wanted to show it off more but I think it's a bit too busy as it is. 

Check out these fun gears I have cut with my Cameo.  I downloaded them from the Make the Cut library. The Cameo does make very clean cuts on the most intricate designs.  I'm really happy with its performance so far.  I added some super awesome Boys Only Cardstock Stickers into the mix using foam adhesives.  It looks Pow! and Cool! :) 
One more work day till the weekend!  I can't wait! :)

12 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super cute! Love the cogs like that!

Michelle said...

This line was perfect for your photos. I too love the cogs. While the background paper has a lot going on, I don't think it looks too busy. You did a great job with it. On a side note, I think I may be raiding Archiver's for this one. This is such a great line and would go so well with some of my photos.

Virginia L. said...

Wow! How FUN and COOL! I love love the colorful gears/paper and the photos are absolutely PERFECT! I must admit that I have been loving scrapbooking more and more lately! You have something to do with it :)

ellen s. said...

oh those gears are so perfect! loved that ride as a kid, too!

liana suwandi said...

how fun... look at the gears and you nail it down perfectly!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Quelle jolie page et ton utilisation des petites roues est superbe, elles donnent beaucoup de movement et de gaité à l'ensemble!!

Deana said...

Seriously CUTE. And it sounds like you're back to crazy winter weather after reading your previous post. I'll try not to mention the fact that I happen to be in Scottsdale right now. LOL

Ruth G said...

Wonderful! I love the gears you cut and I don't think the background is too busy since you have the one larger picture - but that's just me! Thanks for sharing!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! This is stunning, Jing Jing! What a fabulous layout. LOVE your use of the patterned paper here. You have showcased it brilliantly. And all those gears are amazing. I love how you added one pop of pink in the title to girl up this page. :)

Christie Bryant said...

Wow! I think you might be selling me on the Cameo. No!!!! Another scappy tool I must own!!!

Melanie said...

I love this orange/blue combo. Very bright and fun! Oh, the cameo . . . such a temptation :)

Alice Wertz said...

i think you always balance busy backgrounds pretty well with the solids in your pages and this is no exception! really cool layout, Jing-Jing!