Saturday, March 10, 2012

Be Healthy in an Obsessive Way...

After I experienced BodyStep over Christmas break, I knew my life would never be complete again if I don't have that class on a regular basis.  So I've gone over the top, at least it feels that way sometimes.  I can't say it will last, this seven times a week exercising thing. On the other hand, the free drug called endorphin is really addictive!
I created this layout for Miss Fancy Pants blog.  The assignment was to use the Be You rubons.  It is true that my absolute most favorite embellishments are rub-ons and stickers because for the first 8 years that I scrapbooked, I did only flat pages. It took a lot of therapy for me to conquer my fear of 3-d embellishments. However, my love for rub-ons and stickers have never waned: if I'm not using them, I'm collecting them. In the case of the Be You rub-ons, I cut up the long strip of 'Be You' and used them as five individual pieces on my page. My page is mostly rectangles and lines, so I decided to create little circles around these rub-on pieces by hand-stitch circles around them. I also cut up the three connecting circle rub-ons and used them as individual pieces on the page. Just a little tip, Fancy Pants rub-ons are opaque, so they cover up the background very well!

Just a couple of close-up shots of the rubon applied and the little hand-stitched circles
That's it for this very fancy day and I hope it is a good one for you!  I know what I'll be doing!  BodyStep! :)

14 comments:

Wendy Rasbach said...

I love the powerful simplicity of this layout and the stitched circles around the rub-ons. I need to find myself an exercise class like that!! :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Awesome page, Jing-Jing. Love those hand stitched circles .. I'm impressed!! Now as for the exercise, I am one of those that never really get the high .. not enough anyway Heehee .. still feels like work to me. Sigh ..

teacher jessy said...

Wow your stitching is amazing!! Wish I have such patient! Lol. That is just a beautiful layout of you. Me + exercise still getting along. lol.

Kathy Martin said...

Ooh la la! I love this page! Great stitching! :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Jing Jing..THANK YOU so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog the other day. I first saw your work a few years back at CK magazine and you were this untouchable being that I thought was the most talented person I had ever seen. Then I found your blog and your work at TCR ..And now.,..you leave me that comment and I am like a little kid.. overwhelmed with happiness and wanting to try again and again :) THANK YOU!

Alice Wertz said...

those circles beautifully balanced out the lines from the rectangles. super fun layout, Jing-Jing! love it! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Karen B. said...

Nice seeing a layout featuring you. Do you want to give me a pep talk about signing up for an exercise class? I could certainly use one!

alexandra s.m. said...

Superbe page mais dis quand vas-tu nous montrer une page avec tes muscles? c'est fou ça , 7 fois par semaine!! ;o)

Patricia said...

very beautiful page. your little embrodery circles are very very cute!
kisses

Kim said...

this one is totally cool lovin the stitched circles BTW!

Karen said...

Love this - the rub-ons in stitched circles are just perfect! :)

Christie Bryant said...

I saw this on the FP blog! LOVE it!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a COOL layout, Jing Jing! Love your design. Your use of the rub-ons is brilliant. I am in LOVE with those stitched circles.

Deana said...

Love that page, love the stitched circles & love that you're obsessed with Body Step!